Copyright 2006 Synergy Strategies
Are you winning your game?
Are you playing at peak performance?
Do you feel like you are sometimes on the court, but more often on the bench, in the bleachers, or (even worse) at the concession stands?
There is a concept called PATTERN LANGUAGE. “Pattern Language” means taking language and concepts that are already familiar to you and applying them in a new environment so as to quickly and effectively communicate a new concept or message. Coachville, LLC/YOUR WINNING SEASON Coaching Company is using the Pattern Language of sports in such a way that it will dramatically improve your results in business and in life.
Dave Buck, the CEO of YOUR WINNING SEASON, says:
In my 10 years as a professional coach I have noticed that most people even those who seem to be successful on the surface have an awkward feeling that they are falling behind in reaching their goals. Every day, no matter how long or how hard you work, the to-do list just gets longer. Its like being on a losing team in a season that never ends! By using sports pattern language and seeing yourself as the Player-Coach of a highly visible sports team, you can dramatically improve your results AND your level of fulfillment.
When you approach life like you do the preparation for a winning season in sports, you are clearer, focused and prepared to win the games, and ultimately the season. Coachville/YOUR WINNING SEASON Coaching Company teaches 7 keys to have a winning season in your life and business so you can play your season with CLARITY, FOCUS and a STRATEGY to WIN!
To start thinking as the Player-Coach of your own game, ask yourself the following:
1) WHAT IS MY GAME? In life we do play a game. Your game is what you are focused on, what you want to win. Maybe your game is an aspiration to be a professional speaker, maybe it is earning a certain income, or maybe it is something else. When you know exactly what game you are playing, you have the CLARITY that is needed in order to really play full out, excel to the next level and win. Write down the game you are playing and intend to win this year. As Wilson Mizner said, “In order to excel, you must be completely dedicated to your chosen sport. You must also be prepared to work hard and be willing to accept destructive criticism. Without 100% dedication, you won’t be able to do this.
2) WHY ARE YOU PLAYING? Answering this question gives you the focus you need to compel and motivate you to work hard. No athlete is going to spend the time and energy without a clear purpose! Why are you playing? What is it that you want to accomplish by playing this game?
3) ARE YOU WINNING? If yes, great! Keep doing what you are doing. If not, what is happening? Assess and design your strategy for a winning season. For example, an athlete might say we are loosing because we don’t have enough players, we are weak, or we are not ask skilled as the competitor. But, what is it for you? Write down 3 things that will be critical for you to start doing so that you can win the games and have a winning season. (i.e. more training, team development, networking, more focus/discipline, etc.) What will it take for you to be competitive in the game, playing hard and pushing for the win? How can you play full out?
This is just the beginning of designing your Winning Season, but it is an important beginning because every game starts with:
· CLARITY the specific game that you are playing,
· FOCUS the reason why you are playing, and
· STRATEGY the things you need to do to stay in the game.
Wayne Gretzky said, “We miss 100% of the shots we don’t take.” Take your shot: if you pick a game, focus on what it takes and work your strategy, you will score. So, know your game, focus and plan and enjoy a winning season this year!