Yoga Practice – Combating Middle Age Bulge
Yoga aims “to unite”. Basically, an exercise in ethical and mental development of poses and practices that concentrates towards balancing your body, mind and spirit to attain a state of unity. Thus, it is an integrated system for the benefit of the body, mind and spirit.
A regular yoga practice means practicing yoga as a minimum of 30 minutes one time a week around four or more years. Yoga practice can assist those who are middle aged and lose weight.
Yoga practice of asanas, breathing exercises and meditation can relieve from miscellaneous diseases such as diabetes, digestive disorders, blood pressure, varicose veins, arteriosclerosis, chronic weaknesses, arthritis, asthma, and heart conditions and many more.
Thus, yoga acts as a healing and preventive therapy. The importance of yoga lies in achieving mental peace, improved concentration, and relaxation. A yoga practice can help to become more aware of the interconnectedness among our mental, emotional, and physical levels.
Regular yoga practice can help in weight management. Yoga exercises are not enough to lose weight. However, yoga makes you more aware of your body. It aids you to act in response to your body sayings. When you are more responsive to your body, then you can simply make out the fact that you are complete.
Thus, you will be more attuned to what your body wants to tell you and provides you the willpower and self-control to reside from the unhealthy food you crave.
Body awareness is a big factor in the practice of yoga. It can be attained through meditation. Yoga practice help you to pay attention to your body, focus on your body, blocking out outer sights and sounds.
You grow up habituated to a little discomfort while working on the postures and that in turn, helps you to fight the discomfort you feel when you crave unhealthy food. It can permit your body to eliminate the junk food and receive the food thats good and healthy for your body.
Yoga practice for beginners
So, here are some of the tips for those who would like to follow a regular yoga practice for weight maintenance or weight loss.
* Practicing yoga sitting in a comfortable place without mirrors helps you to focus on what is happening inside of you rather than the way you perform your yoga postures.
* As you are practicing yoga, it is better learn to feel sensations even the subtlest of movements in order that you become more involved and curious about these micro-movements.
* Whenever you practice your poses better find a position where you are challenged but do not allow yourself physically become overwhelmed. Whenever you approach at this edge between challenges and overwhelmed, try to practice with a clear, open and accepting state of mind.
* Go easy on yourself; when you feel overworked then give yourself consent to rest.
* Self-talk is very important while practicing yoga. Make sure to pass good comments to yourself, praising your inner self with your efforts and your goodness on the whole.
* It is good if you belong to a yoga class, go to the class regularly, faithfully and talk to people before your class begins. Try to make yourself to be open to those around you in the class.
* It will be better to get your own mat to class because you will find that it is more comfortable when you use the mat that you are familiar with.
* Search for a yoga instructor who instructs you with a balance of determination and gentleness and inspires you to rise to a higher level.
* Remember that just by going to the class, you are making a statement that you are taking care of yourself and developing the courage to make the changes in your life, which makes you to inspire others as you reach your deepest dream.
* The development of qualities like patience, kindness, wisdom, discipline, and gratitude originate from your regular yoga practice. Yoga helps you produce a calm and gentle mind.
* Challenging and rewarding and help with weight loss and control can get from regular yoga practice. Control your cravings and allow your body to wish for a healthy food and learning self-control, is the secret to your weight control yoga routine.