Yoga and Deep Breathing
What are the benefits of deep breathing and yoga? It is the general query that rises among people who are practicing the yoga positions. Since yoga initiated, followers started practicing the yoga positions or postures, breathing and meditation methods. They discovered that these methods provide longer life spans and improved health.
It has also been discovered that it increases the possibility of reaching super-conscious states, which makes them aware of even the most minute movement or sound.
The answer to the query deep breathing and yoga-what are the benefits is deep breathing and yoga is essential for the body as deep breathing is the supply of oxygen to our bodies and to various organs, which is vital for our endurance and for the removal of waste products and toxins from the body.
One of the most important lessons erudite on breathing is breathing correctly is most vital than just breathing. This correction of breathing techniques can be accomplished while doing yoga poses or even practice breathing techniques to just relax and relieve your body of stress.
In case, if you are breathing fast and shallow then you may suffer from anxiety, dizziness, stomach upsets, insomnia, heart palpitations, and visual problems. So, you need to breathe more slowly and deeply.
Fast shallow breathing results in oxygen malnourishment, which directs to reduced energy, premature ageing, poor immune system and numerous other factors. Also you can mistake an improper breathing technique to a heart disease in a patient.
Its essential to remember when correcting the breathing technique, that you should breathe through the nose. It appears to be an obvious activity but many people often breathe through their mouth. Breathing through mouth can affect the thyroid gland development and retard the mental development of children.
Reasons for Practicing Breathing through Mouth
Here are some of the reasons you need to practice breathing in through the nose and out through the mouth:
First, the nose has self-protective mechanisms that keep away the impurities, small insects, dust and other particles that can cause infection or other injury to the lungs from the inhaled air.
The air is warmed as it passes through the nostrils consisting of hair, and then passes through windpipe lined with mucous membranes, where air is warmed and even finer dust particles, which the nostrils hair fail to remove, are collected.
Inner nose glands drive away bacteria that may have slipped through the other screens. The nose is our sense of smell, and detects poisonous gas that injures our body.
Deep breathing and yoga will help your lungs and ribs to increase the flexibility, which may in turn allows to take in even more oxygen and benefits are received by deep breathing than when exercising.
Deep, controlled breathing can become a habit. In order to stop breathing through your mouth, keep your mouth closed.
The Benefits of Deep Breathing
Here is a list of benefits of deep breathing.
* Helps in eliminating toxins from the body, in digesting the food intake and in weight control.
* Calms the nervous system.
* It is fine for the glands of our body, particularly the pituitary and pineal glands.
* Moving the diaphragm, during deep breathing massages the abdominal organs – the stomach, small intestine, liver and pancreas and also massages the heart and helps blood to circulate better.
* More efficiently the extra oxygen burns up excess fat.
* Reduces wrinkles and skin becomes smoother.
* The mind and body will be relaxed and the more oxygen in the brain helps to reduce anxiety and stress levels.
* Deep slow yoga breathing is precious for the heart. It reduces the workload for the heart, which will be healthier and enduring.
* Makes the lungs more powerful and healthy. The lungs are stretched and allow more oxygen to the heart so it becomes easy to get oxygen to the rest of the body tissues.
So with the query deep breathing and yoga-what are the benefits you can find out ways to improve the breathing techniques as well as know the benefits.