This article reveals some unique aspects of weight loss where you may be unknowingly sabotaging your efforts to lose weight by simple mistakes made at the grocery store.
Here’s something I noticed recently. I was at the grocery store a couple days ago picking up some food for a Mexican avocado rice-bean dish I was planning to cook up. While I was there, an interesting thing happened.
I went straight to the grocery store after finishing with a couple of my clients at the gym. As I was grabbing some frozen fruit and vegetables, a friendly lady (who must have seen that I was a fitness trainer from my shirt), asked for my advice on a couple of frozen box meals she was picking out (by the way, those frozen box meals are usually highly processed crap loaded with sodium and a slew of other chemicals).
Also, let’s make this clear that this woman was extremely overweight, and she mentioned that she has “tried everything” to lose weight and has always failed.
Keep in mind I hear about 50 people a day tell me they’ve “tried everything” to lose weight. The problem that they don’t realize is that they are trying all of the WRONG things… they are trying all of the gimmicks and fads that are out there instead of just adopting a TRUE active and healthy lifestyle.
Anyway, back to the lady in the store…
We started to chat about her struggles with weight loss, and I began looking over her grocery cart contents. If I can remember, these were some of the items she was buying that she thought were good for weight loss:
1. Fat Free Rice Cakes – Despite so many people believing these “pieces of cardboard tasting crap” are healthy… they really are nothing but pure refined starch with zero fiber, which basically breaks down almost immediately into sugar in your body, spiking insulin and promoting fat storage… does not sound so good anymore, huh.
2. Canned “weight loss” shakes – I can not mention the brand names, but I think you know what I’m talking about… These canned shakes are far from healthy…they are actually loaded with high fructose corn syrup, partially hydrogenated oils, and a bunch of other chemicals.
3. Reduced Sugar Dessert Cakes – Nothing healthy here either… these are loaded with artificial sweeteners, sugar alcohols, preservatives, and a chemical ingredient list about 15 lines long.
4. Canned fruit in syrup – I guess she could do worse here… but still, why not just eat fresh whole fruit which still contains the skins, fiber, active enzymes, etc, instead of resorting to processed, canned fruit that has been cooked and loaded with syrup.
5. Protein bars “Scientifically Slim Body Engineered” or some BS statement like that – I took a look at the ingredient list of these so called “healthy” protein bars and sure enough… partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup, and enough sugar alcohols to give you diarrhea for a week!
Are you starting to see what is going on here? I see this same scenario all of the time.
The majority of people are fooled by what the FRONT OF THE BOX says, leading them to believe what they are buying is healthy and good for losing weight. On all of these items, the FRONT of the packages showed amazing sounding claims, such as “fat free”, “reduced sugar”, “high protein”, “low cholesterol”, “low carb”, etc.
However, the TRUTH is on the BACK OF THE BOX! Ah yes, the ingredient list and nutrition info is where the real truth is. I have realized that most of the general public does not know how to fully understand the ingredient list and nutrition info, so they rely on the advertising claims on the front of the box to guide them.
This is a BIG MISTAKE!
If you noticed, this woman thought she was doing great with her grocery shopping and buying all kinds of healthy stuff for her and her family that would be beneficial for losing weight.
In reality, almost EVERYTHING she was buying was highly processed and full of chemicals and industrially refined ingredients. No wonder “nothing has worked” for her to lose the weight… she actually hasn’t been doing anything right. She has been mislead by all of the confusing marketing and food labeling and conflicting nutrition info in the mass media.
If you want to discover the TRUTH about what it really takes to eat a truly healthy diet that maximizes your metabolism for lasting weight loss, brings your hormonal balance back to normal, reduces cravings, and strips off body fat faster than you would believe is possible… it is all found in my internationally acclaimed Truth about Six Pack Abs program.
Have fun and choose wisely on your next grocery store trip! Your weight loss and health of you and your family is at stake.
Feel free to copy/paste this link and email it to any of your friends, family, or coworkers you think might enjoy this article.