When you are just starting your online home business finding the right products to sell online is the number one problem. Knowing where to look can help. If you don’t have a great product to sell then more then likely you’re not going to make any money.
After all nobody wants to waste their hard earned money on complete junk, and I’m sure we’ve all done that one time or another and know its not a good feeling. So having a good solid product to sell will only help your profits grow. Below I have some great ways on how you can find the perfect products to sell online.
1. Drop Shipper Directories: Drop shippers are wholesalers that will ship the products you sell directly to your customers so that you don’t have to invest in any store inventory. Directories of drop shippers are for sale online, but make sure you’re buying a reputable one. Try to find a place that has been doing business for years, and has good reviews.
2. Local Businesses: You may find businesses in your very own backyard that offer just the right products, but are not yet into e-commerce. Offer to sell their product online in exchange for a percentage of any profits you make.
3. Crafters: Local crafters are a good source of unique products, and may be willing to reduce their prices for you if you purchase in quantity. Either buy the item outright, or set up a consignment arrangement with them. Crafters usually have unique products that you will not find anywhere else. So if you can come to an agreement with them you should be well on your way to success.
4. Garage sales and flea markets: Garage sales are a good place to look for items to sell online. Do some research into categories that interest you, and then start scouring sales for good prices. You can easily buy something from a garage sale and always turn around and sell it on e-bay for up to 10x what you paid for it.
5. eBay: eBay itself can be a source for products. Look for wholesale lots that can be broken down for individual sale.
6. Wholesaler Directories: Your local library will probably have directories of manufacturers, wholesalers, and/or distributors. Most directories are organized by SIC code so that you can zero in on the product categories that interested you.
7. Trade Shows: Trade shows are a great way to find products. Lots of merchants gather in one place to look for resellers. So this will be the perfect opportunity to find a that solid product you want to sell only. To find trade shows in a particular industry, contact trade associations and industry publications.
8. Importers/Exporters: You might want to consider contacting companies that import goods from overseas. It’s possible to source directly from overseas. This requires a lot of expertise, but many companies do it successfully.