Abs exercises are probably the most focused on routines for the body. Everyone seems to want that slim, tight, toned waist and the washboard abs that every magazine graces its cover with. Just so you know, you aren’t alone – The abs toning routines on my website are among the most hit pages.
The quickest way by far to achieve that slim, sleek waist and those punch proof abs is by following the exercises I decribe below. Performing this series of exercises and incoperating a comprehensive nutritional program to blast the fat off you and reveal your sculpted abs.
So other than aesthetic value is there any other reason to involve abs exercises in your routine?Oh yeah.
First off a tight, toned core will dramatically reduce lower back pain. Secondly it will improve the function of you internal organs, particularly those involved in the digestive process. Finally, a stong six pack will greatly increase your functional strength, co-ordination, balance and more. The core connects the upper and lower body muscles, if you neglect it, no matter what you do in the gym you will NEVER reach your full potential.
By the by, you probably already guessed this but in recent surveys by leading men and women’s’ magazines a tight, toned, waist line was voted the most attractive feature on both men and women
Below you will find some of the most effective abs exercises available. Keep this in mind though no matter how much work you do you will need to reduce your body fat below 8% in men and below 12% in women to really see them stand out. This of course varies, but it’s a good guide line.
Basic Crunch / Sit Up
1. Lying on your back, keep your knees bent with your hands behind your head.
2. Keep your head in a neutral position
3. Slowly curl inwards, bringing your shoulders off the ground
4. Holding this position for a moment, then return to the start
1. Lie back onto the floor or bench with your knees bent and your hands behind head.
2. Keep your elbows back and out of sight.
3. Your head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
4. Start position: Place your hands behind your head. Straighten your right leg.
5. Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominals and raise your shoulders off the floor or bench.
6. During the crunch, bring your right knee towards your chest.
7. Return to the start position and repeat with the left leg.
8. Remember to keep your head and back in a neutral position.
9. Keep in mind that Hyperextension or flexion of either may cause injury.
1. Lie flat on your back, with your knees bent at right angles and twisted to the left.
2. Place your fingertips to the side of your head just behind your ears.
3. Curl up just enough to lift both your shoulders off the floor a few inches.
4. Hold that position contracting your abs as forcefully as possible as you breathe out.
5. Repeat for the desired number of reps before you switch to the other side.
I hope you enjoyed these brilliant abs exercises. The secret to making these incredibly effective is to apply isometrics, which I go into in more detail on my website, but what you have in this article alone is more effective then the majority of ab programs and gimmick products out there.