The state of Florida is one of America’s hottest vacation destinations for a number of reasons. With chamber of commerce weather almost year round and a diversity of activities that’s simply amazing, this state offers a little something for every member of a family when vacation time rolls around.
Here are some of the top reasons visitors cite for making this state their dream destination:
* The beaches. With incredible beaches throughout the state, Florida is ideal for swimming, surfing and just plain beachside relaxing.
* Diving and snorkeling. With an underwater paradise just waiting to be explored, the state’s waters – both fresh and salt – are ideal for divers and snorkeling. What’s more, since the state is so diverse, the views from under the sea in Key West, for example, will be very different from those found in the northern Gulf of Mexico.
* Historic sites. Florida boasts America’s oldest city and that’s just the beginning of the historic sites. With some incredible architecture and stories that are worth hearing, many of Florida’s historic sites are gems to view.
* Disney. This is a biggie. Many people flock to Florida just to check out the Disney theme parks. They are amazing and there’s so much to see and do within them, they work for a single-day stop or a full week or more of vacation time.
* Boating. When it comes to boating, Florida’s waterways are ideal. Offering lots of incredible scenery on the ocean, in the Gulf and in local lakes and rivers, seeing Florida without checking out its waters should be a crime.
* Cultural offerings. Most people think of New York or California when they think of live shows and entertainment, but Florida doesn’t skimp. With major cultural offerings in such destinations as West Palm Beach, Sarasota, Miami, Tampa and St. Petersburg, it should be no wonder that Florida is an up-and-coming contender on the cultural front. From the Salvador Dali museum in St. Pete to the performing arts center of Sarasota, there’s always something artsy to see here.
* Fishing/hunting. It might not be readily recognized for its hunting action, but Florida is an ideal state for the outdoors type. The fishing is amazing and the hunts are spectacular.
* Space center. Anyone who has ever been fascinated by the space program will be sure to want to see the Kennedy Space Center. More than a tourist attraction, this destination is absolutely fascinating and educational to boot.
* Busch Gardens. Known for its free beer and its incredible roller coasters. This amusement park in Tampa is worth a day or two for those who love high-action rides. Its coasters are some of the best in the world and the park has more than a few.
* Outdoor viewing. Florida is all about the great outdoors. This state not only offers some of the best swimming and boating anywhere in the world, it is also home to some incredible outdoor sites. Staying indoors on a vacation here just can’t be done.
With so much to see and so much to do, it’s no wonder Florida is a major draw for vacationers from all over the world.