Copyright 2006 Monique Hawkins
When you’re learning about something new, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of relevant information available. This informative article should help you focus on the central points.
We are two months into the New Year. Are you still trying to lose those last few stubborn pounds? It turns out that losing one pound per week does not have to be difficult. As a matter of fact, it is surprisingly easy.
So, how can losing a pound per week be done? By cutting 500 calories per day. The most efficient way to do this is to cut food calories by 250 and work off the other 250 through exercise. Follow these top 20 tips and be on your way to loose jeans and a new you.
Here are 10 top tips to lose one pound per week through diet.
1. Skip the large bakery muffin and instead eat one slice of whole wheat toast topped with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.
2. Replace eggs and cheese with scrambled egg whites.
3. No large french fries. Instead, eat a yogurt and fruit parfait.
4. Skip the Ben & Jerry’s ice cream; replace it with a light ice cream or frozen yogurt.
5. Say no to the handful of m&m’s at the receptionist’s desk.
6. Eat one ounce of soy nuts and skip the 3 ounces of roasted almonds.
7. Eat a cup of strawberries instead of a whole banana, and cauliflower instead of a baked potato loaded with butter and sour cream.
8. Cut out all calorie counting beverages.
9. For lunch, skip the cheese on the salad or sandwich, substitute mustard for mayonnaise, and replace potato chips with soy chips.
How can you put a limit on learning more? The next section may contain that one little bit of wisdom that changes everything.
10. Skip 1 biscotti and 1 large mocha.
Here are the top 10 ways to lose one pound per week through exercise:
1. Take a brisk 30 minute walk every day.
2. Spin for 30 minutes at a moderate pace.
3. Do housework in your home for one hour.
4. Walk one mile in the morning and one mile in the evening.
5. Do 35 minutes of Pilates.
6. Do 35 minutes of Power Yoga.
7. Run up and down stairs for 15 minutes.
8. Dance for 40 minutes.
9. Play Frisbee with the family dog or friend for one hour.
10. Wash windows for an hour.
Losing one pound per week does not have to be grueling. These top 20 ways to lose weight are simple to follow. Try them, lose those last few stubborn pounds, and be on your way to a new you.
It never hurts to be well-informed with the latest on weight loss. Compare what you’ve learned here to future articles so that you can stay alert to changes in the area of weight loss.