A healthy, balanced diet has lots of benefits, including feeling better and looking better. Many fruits and vegetables, including berries, tomatoes and broccoli, contain phytochemicals, which improve cognitive functions and prevent disease. And Vitamin C, found in citrus fruits, helps us to handle stress better in addition to helping us fight off colds. Breathe-Exhaling relieves stress, clears the lungs, increases mental focus and contracts the abdomen. You can actually tone the belly by learning to breathe properly. Drink in Excess-Water rinses cell wastes, blood poisons and environmental toxins from the body. Try flat mineral water, or organic herbal teas. For an electrolyte boost, try wheat grass juice. Take calcium with magnesium in a 1 to 1 ratio daily. Adding 500 3,000 mgs of ester C with rose hips promotes absorption, and repairs cell damage.
Middle-aged weight gain, which tends to settle around our middle, is particularly dangerous because it increases the risk of stroke and heart disease. Stop Over-Exfoliating-Peeling, burning, and abrading the skin refines its appearance, but it can also weaken the skins immunity. Calcium is important for more than Just Strong Bones. Strength training is particularly beneficial to us. At age 40, we begin to lose muscle mass each year, slowly becoming weaker. But strength training can rebuild lost muscle mass and make bones stronger, which is particularly important for post-menopausal women. It also improves your balance, helps you to sleep better and helps your heart. Taking steps to reduce stress also will help keep your brain functioning well as stress affects our memory and ability to learn new things.
Stay Forever Young
1. Eat a balanced, healthy diet, including five helpings of fruits and vegetables a day.
2. Don’t consume “empty” calories from snacks like chips and candy bars.
3. Shed extra weight.
4. Never skip a meal; distribute calories equally among meals.
5. Strength train to rebuild your muscle mass and keep your bones strong.
6. Adopt healthy habits; it’s never to late to stop smoking.
7. Drink alcohol in moderation.
8. Reduce stress; it accelerates the body’s aging process and kills memory.