What to Look for When Buying a Snowboard
Buying a snowboard is no small task. This can be a huge investment for most people because it can empty your pockets quickly before even stepping foot on a slope. Here are a few key points to look for while buying a snowboard, whether it be your first snowboard or not.
* It is best to go to a local snowboard shop, even if you do not intend to buy from them and be sized for your board. Ask if one of their pros can size you properly. Length is one of the most important aspects of a board because if you are not sized properly it can throw everything off. Typically, boards will range from your chin to over your head depending on your riding style, weight, and height.
* Know what kind of snowboarding you are interested in. Research whether you will prefer freeride, freestyle, or alpine. It directly affects the kind of board you will need.
* You should also pay close attention to the width of the board. Your foot inside a boot should be flush with each edge. If your feet hang over the edge, it will cause problems while turning on the snowboard’s edge and can result in serious injury.
* Check the quality of the board you are purchasing. Do not just take the salesperson’s advice on it. Do your own research on the internet to see how other buyers compare it to boards of similar pricing. Always ask the salesperson whether they have tried the board out. This will give you a better idea whether he knows what he is talking about.
* This may not seem like a big deal at first, but colors do matter to most people. Pick a color scheme or graphic you are comfortable with. Remember that you will be carrying this around the slopes.
* Figure out how much money you are willing spend on the board. This will help you keep your budget in check, but still allow you to get the best board for your buck.
There is a lot to know about buying a snowboard, but just keep these few tips in mind as you start your search. Try not to buy on the impulse without looking at several places to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. With the amount of information available on the internet, it should not take you long to find the board of your dreams.