A honeymoon is a wonderful thing: you can save a lot of money for it and enjoy it as a reward for a wedding well organized; you can get it as a gift from a generous wedding guest and enjoy it as newlyweds who don’t need to care about the world just yet; or you could simply go somewhere on a whim and head off to a secluded beach, romantic castle, or into the mountains at the last minute. No matter where you are going, if you are going off on a honeymoon at the last minute, you will need to take note of the following tips.
– Make sure that you pack everything that you need even before the wedding begins – in fact, if you have off time in your wedding preparations, you will need to start packing for your honeymoon! Pack what you think you might need, and go light – you will never know when you need to unpack things because of last minute changes in your trip! The key is not to get on each other’s nerves simply because your bags were not packed or you forgot your toothbrush. This is your honeymoon, and you both need to be in love, not storming out because of a few poorly folded clothes!
– Avoid getting discount tours or buying tours that look cheap. You need to read between the lines for these tours even if you are going off on last minute travel plans. First, you might be stuck on a tour that will not allow you to enjoy some time on your own as a couple, and simply because you will be ferried and pushed around by a tour guide who needs to complete his or her duties. Second, you may be paying for something that you don’t really want. You may do well to wait until you get to your destination before you start planning out tours.
– Always ask about any hidden fees that might come with a discount travel package, or with a honeymoon package, if you are paying for your trip. You might be saddled with a lot of fees and taxes if you are not careful, and it may make paying for your honeymoon all the more difficult when all is over and you have to return to real life.
– Don’t forget the camera! This might be a last minute trip, but you will want to remember it.
– Be flexible. There’s nothing that can ruin a honeymoon faster than an uptight husband or wife who gets all jittery when things don’t go as planned. Remember, you’re on this honeymoon at the last minute, and when things are never planned, things don’t always go the way that you want them to. In other words, you need to be prepared and to expect the unexpected.
– Be patient. You may both get meltdowns once in a while, especially if you have to spend another cent on an outrageous meal, or if you have to suddenly spend more on your hotel or tours.
– If you need to splurge on something outrageous but romantic, such as a kayaking trip for two, or paragliding for two, or massages for two, or anything that will make your honeymoon all the more memorable, then by all means, splurge! You want to make your honeymoon fun and enjoyable, so don’t hold back.
It doesn’t always happen that you have the love of your life spending a great vacation with you!