In this article you will know three useful essential oils with health benefits. You can inhale, massage or use them in bath to get the benefits of their healing properties.
1. Orange blossom
This essential oil is often called neroli. It is obtained from fresh orange flowers by steam distillation. This oil is one of the most expensive, along with rose and jasmine.
Orange blossom essential oil is helpful for:
1. Diarrhea: Blend in carrier oil and massage gently into the abdomen to relieve spasms.
2. Depression: Neroli is cheering oil. Try inhaling, or add a few drops to your bathwater.
3. Sensitive skin, high color: Blend in carrier oil and use to massage the affected area. Or, add a few drops to a bottle of orange flower water and use as a skin tonic.
4. Shock, fear: Inhale neat oil.
Made from the leaves of the orange blossom tree, this oil has similar properties to neroli and a pleasant, light scent. It is cheaper to produce than neroli, and often used in its place for economic reasons.
Petigrain essential oil is helpful for:
1. Fluid retention: Add to the bath, or mix with carrier oil for massage.
2. memory: Inhale neat oil
3. Stress: Use in carrier oil for massage, or in the bath.
4. Spotty or irritated skin: Mix with carrier oil and use on the affected areas.
The Ylang-Ylang essential oil is obtained from the flower by steam distillation. This is used by the perfume industry as it has a lovely, exotic floral fragrance. It has a relaxing, sedative effect and is a pleasant oil to use in a burner to scent your home. It is said to have aphrodisiac powers!
Ylang-Ylang essential oil is helpful for:
1. Depression and nervous tension: Use in a burner, the bath or for massage.
2. High blood pressure: The oil is claming and can help to relieve high blood pressure. Use regularly in carrier oil for massage or in the bath.
3. Insomnia: Put a few drops on your pillow, use in the bath or a burner.
4. Panic, fear: Inhale neat oil.
5. Spotty skin: Use in carrier oil or dilute in water and use as a skin tonic.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.