What do you want the most? Is it money, fame, power, contentment, personality, peace of mind, or happiness?
Napoleon Hill summarized in his book Think and Grow Rich that there are 13 unique characteristics that every wealthy, successful and powerful man and woman has. He called these characteristics the Thirteen Steps to Riches.
No one was born with any of these characteristics. All were born the same. These characteristics are learned and developed to be the second nature. What are these characteristics, the Thirteen Steps to Riches?
1. Burning desire. It’s the starting point of all achievement. You must have burning desire.
2. Faith. Visualization of, and belief in attainment of desire.
3. Auto-suggestion. The medium for influencing the subconscious mind.
4. Specialized knowledge. Personal experiences or observation. You must focus in one area and concentrate there.
5. Imagination. Remember Law of Attraction?
6. Organized planning. The realization of desire into action.
7. Be decisive in nature. The mastery of procrastination.
8. Persistence. The sustained effort necessary to induce faith.
9. Surround yourself with master mind. It’s your driving force.
10. The mystery of sex transmutation.
11. The subconscious mind. The connecting link.
12. The brain. A broadcasting and receiving station for thought.
13. The sixth sense. The door to the temple of wisdom.
Among all of those thirteen characteristics, these five are the most important:
1. You must have burning desire.
2. You must have a specialized knowledge and concentrate there.
3. You must be decisive in nature.
4. You must be entrepreneur in spirit. Big money is made when there’s no guarantee.
5. You must surround yourself with master minds.
Before reading Think and Grow Rich, you must be aware that this book was not written to entertain. You can’t digest its contents properly in a week or a month.
Think and Grow Rich is a textbook on individual achievement of the experiences of hundreds of America’s most successful men. It must be studied, digested, and meditated upon. You must underline the sentences that impress you the most, and later go back to these marked lines and read them again. You will absorb its contents and make them your own.
What do you want the most?
If all of those successful men could achieve their dreams, so can you. Remember that no one was born with these successful characteristics. Everyone was born the same.
Build your successful characteristic using Think and Grow Rich !