Do you want to know how to finally get rid of belly fat?
Many women are confused on how to exactly do this, since there is so much conflicting advice out there. Being in the industry for 10 years I can tell you I know what works and what doesn’t. You do have to have patience, and once you allow yourself to change then you will start seeing your stomach flatter as a result.
Here are the 7 best tips to beat belly fat:
1. Preparation is key. First off, I don’t like the word “diet” it sounds very negative, and is short-lived. Most women that go on fad diets gain the weight back and then some, which contributes more to losing belly fat. What you first must understand is that if you want to really lose the belly fat you must adapt a healthy life-style. You also must mentally prepare yourself for this and feel you are ready to change. It is a decision to be committed rather than just interested. Being committed to a program means that you do what it takes, and being interested is that you have the desire but you really don’t want to put forth the effort.
2. Look at your nutrition. The main thing to be concerned about is calories. Too little calories and the belly fat will not come off and the same thing for too many. You need to be in the right calorie deficit to lose belly fat. You might be thinking of what type of plan you should be on, but the real secret is how many calories you are taking in for the day, but also make sure that protein is set up to your daily requirement. This can vary anywhere from 1-1.5 grams per body weight or some like to go by their lean muscle mass.
3. Fish oils (6 grams daily) this will help you lose fat. You actually need the right amount and types of fat to lose the belly fat. Most programs can show you how to take weight off, but if your serious about losing the belly fat you need to focus on fat loss not weight loss for permanent results. As you progress your body will plateau and you actually have to keep adjusting your metabolism. This is done mainly through nutrition.
4. Eat to lose belly fat. Believe it or not sometimes you have to go up in calories in order to lose more belly fat. I know this may sound counterintuitive but it’s true. It is important to do this carefully so that you don’t end up worse than before. I recommend hiring a highly skilled fitness professional that knows how to do this. Nutrition goes beyond what most women think and that’s important to realize.
5. Have the right training program. This will consist of both weight training and cardio. Too many women are performing cardio incorrectly. Forget about long sessions on steady state cardio, these can actually produce too much cortisol, which leads to belly fat. Many women are exercising this way to lose belly fat, when in fact they are being counterproductive in their exercise. The right way to do cardio to lose belly fat is interval and HIIT (high intensity interval training). These are quick bursts that you can perform outside or on any piece of cardio equipment. For example of HIIT would be 20 seconds of a workload followed by 30 seconds recovery then repeat the cycle for 8-12 times then perform a moderate cool down. Intervals will be longer in both work and rest segments. When it comes to losing belly fat, weight training is very important and you want to keep a variety of reps schemes.
Performing heavy sets on week (6-8 reps), and also combining higher rep sets of 10-15 is a great way to keep variety. There are many ways you could put together a weight training program, but I want to stress that you need to have variety and don’t think doing light weight and lots of reps is going to get rid of the belly fat either. Just to keep things simple, know that you need to vary your program. Another key to getting rid of belly fat is intensity, if you are working out and you are not sweating an breathing hard then you need to push yourself harder. Don’waste time when you are workout out, it’s important to keep your workouts intense and rest little in between sets (45 seconds- 2 minutes rest). This will vary depending on your program.
6. Track your progress. Take your body fat every 2 weeks, along with measurements, pictures, and try on a pair of pants that are too small. Things can fluctuate so you might have the measurements read the same but your pants feel looser. I find that by doing all of these things gives you a more accurate picture. Even the mirror can be deceiving as you look at yourself everyday, water weight can give you the wrong impression of progression. If you are not changing after every 3 weeks, you need to change your program. Women tend to stay on the same program for a long time and wonder why things aren’t working. Like I said in the beginning, losing belly fat is not a linear process. You’re body will plateau, so you need to take the necessary steps in tweaking your program if you want to lose that belly fat.
7. The most important component in losing belly fat is training your mind for motivation. For some reason this doesn’t get addressed the way it should. Your daily life consists of a metal program and the same goes with losing your belly fat.