Copyright 2006 Wellness Marketing Int’l LLC
To be an Owner of your own health you need the following essentials: Oxygen, Water, Nutrition, Exercise, and Rest
Oxygen Look for air filtration systems that have a HEPA filter. The other thing to be aware of is you dont want an air filtration system that puts out ozone as a by-product. Ozone according to the EPA is a toxic gas. We found a multiple stage filtration that includes a HEPA, ozone free, negative ion generator with an aromatherapy option. Filters needed to be changed every two years.
Water There are numerous water filtration systems on the market today.
1) Carbon Filters. These filters work by adsorption. They capture contaminants by making them adhere to the carbon in the filter. They do a good job with improving the taste and odor because they reduce the level of chlorine byproducts. They may even remove or reduce the level of lead. Carbon filters, however, do not remove bacteria, parasites, volatile organic chemicals or organic chemicals.
2) Ceramic Filters. While far less common in North America, ceramic filters work in a similar way to carbon filters. They also use the principle of adsorption. They have all of the same benefits and problems as carbon filters. They do have one additional benefit in that they may alkalinize acidic water.
3) Ultraviolet Treatment. With this method of purification, water passes through a chamber that has an ultraviolet light. The ultraviolet light disinfects or reduces the amount of bacteria. This expensive process needs to be used with other filtration in order to remove other impurities. Ultraviolet treatment, also does nothing to help the pH level of acidic water.
4) Reverse Osmosis. With this type of filtration, water is forced through a membrane that removes contaminants from the water. These membranes can remove chlorine byproducts, parasites, some bacteria, industrial chemicals, lead, nitrate and toxic metals. The contaminants are washed away with water. Two problems can arise with reverse osmosis. First, the process wastes precious water. Second, while removing contaminants, reverse osmosis systems tend to remove all of the minerals from water, leaving it acidic.
5) Distillation. Distillation systems boil water and collect the vapors. This process can do a great job of leaving behind heavy metals including arsenic. The boiling process should also kill any bacteria that may be present. However, volatile organic chemicals are not removed with distillation as these chemicals tend to boil before the water does and are collected in the vapors. As well, alkalinizing minerals are removed, leaving the water acidic.
6) Bottled water. Many people turn to bottled water to give them peace of mind. And yet, bottled water is usually nothing more than water from a civic water supply that has been run through one of the filtration systems listed above. The deficiencies of the filtration method used can be amplified since the water is then stored in plastic bottles that may contain bacteria. Water is best stored in glass. Plastics can transfer odors, flavors or even leach residues into the water stored inside bottles.
When you’re looking for a water filtration system look for a system that not only filters the water, but re-mineralizes and oxygenates it as well.
Nutrition – We look for whole-food nutritionals. We begin with a body balance program which helps to put the body back into balance. It combines advanced science and the wholesomeness of nature to provide the missing link in most diets: balance. Eating right plays a key role in your physical health. And by combining healthy, balanced nutrition with physical activity, youll lose weight and achieve better balance better health.
Step 1 is Cleanse. When your digestive system is overwhelmed, your body doesnt have the ability to effectively absorb nutrients or metabolize fat. Cleansing your digestive system may help provide some relief from common digestive diseases, including irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance and acid reflux.
Step 2 is Burn & Balance. Its a combination of thermogenic ingredients that support your bodys natural calorie-burning mechanism. It stimulates and supports weight loss efforts. Step 3 is Energize. Rev Up helps keep energy levels high and assists in controlling appetite. If you have more energy, your appetite is also more easily satisfied so youll be less likely to eat unhealthy foods, which means youll have better success at trying to lose weight.
TIPS: Eat a high fiber, high protein, low-carb, low-sugar, low-fat diet. Eat normal-sized meals, leaving 20% on your plate so that you do not overeat. Drink 9 to 11 glasses of water each day. Optimize it! Limit salts and saturated fats. Try not to succumb to emotional eating. Avoid eating after 7pm. Stimulate your metabolism with a nutritional supplement. Get enough sleep every night. Drink plenty of optimized water.
Exercise/Energy – Drink barley grass to keep your body alkaline and give you energy. Exercise 30 minutes every day. Look for weighted sneakers.
Rest/Sleep The National Sleep Foundation (NSF) estimates 74 percent of Americans experience some form of sleep disorder. And the general cause is linked to our fast-paced, high-stress culture too many of us are simply finding it harder and harder to fall asleep at night. But studies have shown a good nights rest can reduce stress, aid the healing process and possibly even promote a longer life. Now theres further evidence to suggest improper sleep may play a role in excess weight or obesity. Those of us with even minor sleep disorders may experience greater difficulty concentrating, accomplishing required tasks and handling minor irritations. Overall, sleep loss has been found to impair the ability to perform tasks involving memory, learning and logical reasoning. Fortunately, solutions do exist that are gaining more and more mainstream acceptance. Sleeping on a magnetic mattress and/or pad increases circulation and eliminates inflammation.
Another option is a sound therapy mattress pad. Sound Therapy provides us with the ability to balance our frequencies to create and maintain a life of health and happiness. Through harmonic resonance our body/mind finds sound balance, sound health, and expanded awareness of the more subtle aspects of ourselves as vibrations of light and sound. We as human beings are, after all, musical instruments that intuitively understand the natural laws of harmonics, music and form.
Our goal is to provide you with tools to help your body/mind to remember or come back into resonance and balance with these natural laws or states of health/wholeness and pure joy.