For some people who are really hooked into solving crossword puzzles, a day would not be complete without solving as many puzzles as possible. Since it has become some sort of addiction to other people, it is best to get tips on how to solve crossword puzzles the easy way to veer them away from pent-up aggression and depression.
Experts say that solving crossword puzzles can drive people crazy. If you are one of those that could not last a day without having to solve as many crossword puzzles but you are having a hard time on it, here are some tips to maintain your sanity:
1. Keep in mind that it is just a game. One of the reasons why people solve crossword puzzles is to exercise their mind and to have fun. It is just unfortunate that some people find it as an addiction and curse themselves if they don’t solve a certain number of puzzles a day. For you not to be affected or depressed so much when you don’t solve the number you are eyeing for, keep in mind that it’s juts a game. If you don’t finish it today, you have the next day or the next after that to finish it. If you have this mindset, it will be easier for you to solve more number of crossword puzzles since you are lifting the pressure on yourself.
2. Solve it one puzzle at a time. Although for some people, bombarding themselves with so many crossword puzzles to be finished at a certain time work to be better solvers, it is not always the healthy way to go about it. It is best to solve it one puzzle at a time so you don’t put too much pressure on yourself in solving an amount that you really can’t attain in a specific time frame. It is best to solve only the number of puzzles that you can. Through practice, you will be better and can solve more puzzles in no time.
3. Grab all the available opportunity to play it. Crossword puzzles in newspapers are handy as well as those that are compiled in books. For you to be a better solver, try to solve as many as you can whenever you can and wherever possible. If you are commuting on your way home, you can solve one crossword puzzle. If you are queued in a line for a movie or in a grocery store, you can also solve one. If you are using the computer, you can take some time off and play crossword puzzles online.
4. Start easy. In playing crossword puzzles, it is best to start with easy clues and move on with the more difficult ones. If you do this, it will be easier for you to answer the entire page since you did not get disappointed in answering the first ones.
5. Look for the favorite words of the author. In solving crossword puzzles written by a single author, it will be inevitable for the writer to use a common word in all of the puzzles. This word is referred to as the “favorite word” which oftentimes appear in almost all puzzles. If you were able to guess or find out the author’s favorite word, it will be easy for you to start solving any of his or her puzzles.