Skin cleansing is an important part of skin care routine. Cleansing is essential to remove makeup, dirt and grime from face. Facial cleansing should be effective without irritating the skin and should suit our skin as well. Cleansing too often will take away all precious natural oils from your skin and will only make dry skin drier and oily skin more oily. Essential for possessing a flawless complexion, cleansing is the most important skin care activity. Thorough and regular cleansing stimulates the skin and helps to slough off dead cells that lie on the skins surface. Skin cleansing, in addition to other cleansing methods like colon cleansing and liver cleansing, can also be used effectively for the treatment of multiple chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic fatigue syndrome, and pesticide and chemical exposure. Skin cleansing is the method used to remove the surface dirt and other substances which accumulate and cause clogging of the pores of your skin. It is also used to release stored toxins under the skin. In the skin cleansing method, the elimination of toxins is usually done by stimulating the lymphatic system.
Skin cleansing also helps to improve blood circulation and the removal of dead cells from the skin. You can use long handled natural bristle brush or loofah sponge for skin cleansing. The most damaging effect of the sun is that it dehydrates the skin causing it to become dry and rough and wrinkled, freckles, pigmentation and patches may also occur. Next to sun exposure, smoking is the highest factor in wrinkling. Skin cleansing is very much essential, because pollution, grease and grime cling to the skin, clogging pores, while the body eliminates toxins through perspiration. Smokers have more wrinkles than people who don’t smoke. Cigarette smoke releasesfree radicals that break down the vitamin C in the skin and contribute to premature wrinkling. Nicotine also causes small blood vessels and capillaries to contract, diminishing circulation and depriving the skin of nutrients. If the cleansing process is not thoroughly undertaken, the skin will look and feel sluggish, tired and minor skin problems and irritations will transpire. After cleansing, always use a non-stringent, acid-based toner that will remove any remaining dirt on your face.
Following steps should be taken while applying cleanser :
1. Always wash your hands clean first. This will prevent the transfer of bacteria to your face.
2. Cleansing cream should be applied in generous quantity on cheeks, chin, neck and forehead.
3. Always use a moist cotton to remove the cream as the dry cotton absorbs the moisture from the skin which should not be lose.
4. Cleansing should be dome two times a day, once in the morning and again before going to bed.
5. Depending on whether your skin is normal to oily or normal to dry, you should use cleansers and products that are formulated for your specific skin type.
6. Cotton wool should come out clean nor do the cleansing twice a day.