When talking about sensitive skin care you have to follow a few basic rules. What exactly is sensitive skin care and what does it mean to you. Sensitive skin is one which is unable to tolerate any unfavorable conditions (environmental/other), and which easily gets irritated on contact with foreign materials (including skin care products). There are many special skin care products, we let you know what works. How sensitive your skin is depends on various factors (and depending on that, treatment options may change).
Chemical products can cause adverse and serious problems for sensitive skin. Nonetheless, the damage starts generally beyond a defined threshold (or tolerance level). This tolerance level is very low for sensitive skin types, leading to skin getting damaged very easily and quickly. In order to keep potential irritants at bay you must use products that match and nurture your sensitive skin.
Here are a few tips for sensitive skin care:
* Employ sensible skin care products only (i.e. the products that are marked for sensitive skin care only). Also, check the directions/ notes on the product to see if there are specific restrictions/admonitions affiliated with the product).
* Even within the array of sensitive skin care products, select the one that has minimum preservatives, colourings and other additives
* Do not use toners. Most of them are alcohol based and are not advocated for sensitive skin.
* Wear protective gloves when doing laundry or other chemical based cleaning. If you are hypersensitive to rubber, you can wear cotton gloves below the rubber ones.
* Additional important tips for �sensitive skin care� is to avoid undue exposure to sun. Employ sunscreen lotion before getting out in the sun.
* Fending off vulnerability to dust and other pollutants is also important for sensitive skin care. So, cover yourself adequately before going out.
* Use hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic moisturizer as a sensitive skin care product (if there is none specifically labeled as a sensitive skin care product)
* Use soap-free and alcohol free cleansers. Cleanse your face whenever you return from spending time out doors.
* Do not scrub or exfoliate too hard. It can cause reddishness and even inflammation.
* Do not leave the makeup on for too long. Use hypoallergenic makeup- removers.
Therefore, tender skin care is really unlike from the normal skin care. Sensitive skin care is more about being careful with your skin (both in terms of sensitive skin care products and protection against environments atrocities on skin).