People all over the world attach a lot of importance to hair. Hair is a remarkably tough material but over time abuse can wreak havoc with its natural properties. Hair plays a major part in defining the personality of any human being. Hair is composed primarily of proteins (88%). These proteins are of a hard fibrous type known as keratin. Keratin protein is comprised of what we call “polypeptide chains. Hair normally has a moisture content of approximately 10%. Hair care is an overall term for parts of hygiene and cosmetology involving the hair on the human head. Hair washing is the cosmetic act of keeping hair clean by washing it with shampoo or other detergent products and water. Hair conditioner may also be used to improve hair’s texture and manageability. Two-in-one shampoos, which have both detergent and conditioning components, are now commonly also used as a replacement for shampoo and conditioner. Human head has on an average 100,000 hairs that need looking after. Human hair can be divided into three main types dry hair ,greasy / fine hair and normal hair.
Dry hair often gets frizzy, entangled and is prone to split ends. Combing becomes a lot more difficult. Dandruff is another problem. Dry hair may result from too much washing, harsh detergents, a dry environment, inadequate diet, or underlying conditions, such as those due to malnutrition. Dry, brittle hair may be a symptom of metabolic diseases such as hypothyroidism and Menkes kinky hair syndrome. Dry hair is often caused by too much time in the sun, chlorine, salt water, over-shampooing, permanents, heat styling, or neglect. This kind of hair is difficult to style. This hair requires more frequent washing than other hair types. Washing hair with the right type of shampoo will help ease this problem. Normal hair looks healthy and does not remain greasy or dry all the while. Women in particular look at bountiful hair as one of the attributes of beauty. The bounce in your hair can be felt in your stride too. Many women lament that good hair days are rare and most often it is a battle of wits to get the hair looking good.
Healthy, silky hair is something we all want. Washing hair is an essential part of the hair care routine. Wash your hair by letting it hang naturally as you stand under the shower. Carefully rinse your hair with warm water to get it ready for shampooing. A tablespoon shampoo should be sufficient for long hair and a proportionate amount for short hair. Apply on the surface of the scalp, when use lose all of the shampoo from the palm put the fingers inside the hair and not massage till you get that soupy effect. Dont rub or pull out your hair. Once you are done wait for 2 3 minutes and risen off well with water. Let water run through your hair while rinsing and continue stroking your hair in the downward direction. Rinse hair completely and check the hair lines for remnant shampoo lather. Do not to stroke the wet hair roughly as it is prone to damage at this stage. It is purely a personal decision on the number of times you want to wash your hair. It is believed that our ancestors seldom washed their hair, but with todays pollution and grime we can hardly think of following that dictum.
Hair Washing Tips
1. Start shampooing from the nape of your neck and then into your scalp.
2. Using a comb to distribute the conditioner is a great idea.
3. Blot the water from your hair into a towel and do not rub as it is very weak when wet.
4. Do not wrap your hair in a towel over a head for a long time; this will cause damage to the root of the hair.
5. Try and avoid blow drying your hair as much as possible.
6. Avoid using a blow dryer. Let your hair air-dry.
7. Avoid washing your hair as much as you can, as natural oil is healthy for your hair.
8. Do not comb wet hair, as they damage hair. Massage your hair well.
9. Do not rub the towel, as it may hold fibers damaging your hair.
10. Rinse your hair with hot water to remove dirt and rinse in cold water to make your hair shine and to close the cuticle.
11. Dry the vehicle like you washed it, from the top down.