Do you have a sweet tooth for desserts? Well, if you always have a craving for cakes, then why not bake a toothsome cake at home. Be it a celebration or an evening hunger, cakes are always at the first preference. So, prepare a fresh cake at home for every your family with a few easy steps. Baking a delicious butterscotch cake at home is quite easy. It just needs a few ingredients which are easily available in your kitchen. So, this time goes with an easy to bake a cake, i.e. a butterscotch cake and relish it with your loved ones at home. The yummy taste of a freshly baked butterscotch cake will make you lick your fingers while taking a slice of it. The best thing about it is that it is easier to bake at home within an hour. So, go through this recipe for baking butterscotch cake at home and enjoy eating a super delicious homemade cake with your loved ones.
2 ½ cups white flour
Butterscotch instant cake mix
3 ½ tablespoons baking powder
½ tablespoon salt
¾ cup unsalted butter
1 ½ cups brown sugar
3 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups milk
Ingredients for butterscotch frosting:
1 ¼ cups unsalted butter
Melted butterscotch chips
6 ¼ cups powdered sugar
½ tablespoon salt
½ cup milk or cream
Method Of Baking:
- First of all, you need to prepare a pan with parchment paper placed in it’s bottom and grease the sides.
- Secondly, combine the flour, butterscotch cake mix, baking powder, and salt properly.
- Then, add butter, brown sugar, and vegetable oil in another bowl and beat them until they get fluffy and light in colour. After that, add eggs and vanilla extract and mix them well until the entire mixture gets smooth.
- Add half of the ingredients to the batter and mix them well.
- Pour the milk into it and mix it properly. Now, add the remaining ingredients and mix them.
- Pour the batter into the pan and let it be baked for 25-30 minutes. Put the toothpick into it to check whether it is ready to turn off the oven or not.
- If the toothpick comes out clean then remove it from the oven, allow for cooling for 2-3 minutes.
Now it’s time to prepare butterscotch frosting
Method for preparing butterscotch frosting:
- Firstly, beat the butter in a mixer grinder then add the melted butterscotch chips and mix them well.
- Mix the powdered sugar, salt, and milk together.
8. Now, place the first half of the cake on a plate and spread 1 cup butterscotch frosting on it’s top.
9. Add the second cake layer on top of the frosting and now spread another layer of butterscotch frosting on it.
10. Decorate the top of the cake and its outer side with remaining butterscotch frosting.
11. Press the butterscotch chips into the sides of the cake just after the frosting and do not forget to pipe shell its border at the end.
Now your cake is ready to serve.
So, surprise your friends and family with a delicious sweet treat on any special occasion by following a few easy steps for baking a butterscotch cake at home. But, when you have not that much time to bake a cake on your own then you can also order a butterscotch cake online to delight your dear ones from any of the best bakeries near you.