For once, it makes you hip and trendy. But then again, that’s not all there is. A Pocket PC has features that one can only imagine. If you’re still having second thoughts why or why not should you buy a PPC, here are some of the most basic reasons why people wanted to buy a PPC.
Some people who are too ignorant of modern devices will make fun of PDAs. Why? Most probably because they keep on thinking that devices like these are just filled with games and senseless materials. Well, in fact, no.
We’ll start this one-sided conversation by telling you what’s a PDA.
PDA is an acronym for Personal Digital Assistant that’s basically just the size of your hand. It can be brought around town and use it everywhere you could possibly go. PDAs are considered as very powerful devices, oftentimes equalling the capabilities of desktop computers. With an impressive timetable of PDAs, there is now a mass purchase of these devices which can be solely used or for the intention of many.
No matter what kind of operating system that’s used, their features are quite the same. One of the many features that a PDA offers are:
1. Address Book – this holds all your contact’s addresses, phone numbers and even their home or office addresses. It keeps you in track of all the important people in your life.
2. Keyboard on Screen – makes your clicking and typing life easier by letting you encode things right on the screen or if you don’t want such brutality made to your newly bought PPC, a stylus is readily available and is more appropriate to write with.
3. Backlight – mobile phones have it, why not PDAs? This increases your chances to see in darker places. Backlights can also be customized based on your choice of color.
4. To-do-list – are your reminders and to-dos stuck somewhere in your head that you can’t seem to remember where you have put it and ended up forgetting an important task like a rendezvous at the laundry shop? This can help you remember them.
5. Email – this is one of the most favorite parts of a PPC owner. It enables them to stay connected with the internet world without struggling to get into their office and send or read a very important electronic message.
6. Datebook – for professionals who are always on the verge of every lunch and dinner meetings, the datebook feature is one of the most important aspects of a PPC. It covers your important dates like meetings with the big boss or other companies, appointments with your team, a date with your girlfriend. This has the same format as those bulky daily planners.
7. Note Pad – just because you don’t have a pen and paper doesn’t mean that meeting’s over. With the note pad, you can jot down important details of your life, even ones that seems unimportant.
8. Character Organizer – instead of typing, you can use the stylus and write it down on the screen yourself.
9. Calculator – a device is never complete without a calculating program. Even engineers and medical practitioners are thankful for the calculator.
Aside from the basic features that were just mentioned, which also makes more reason why people buy such a fad, there are also factors of entertainment that is involved. You can play music and even watch your favorite videos. If your bored with the same old thing, you can relax yourself through your Pocket PC by playing a game or look at your pictures every once in a while.