For those that are lucky enough to have a pool, pool maintenance is part of the package. Pool maintenance is extremely important to promote cleanliness and good pool chemistry. But pool maintenance isn?t all bad. It just takes some attention to detail and some routine care to ensure a clear, clean pool.
– Test Pool Water for Sanitizer Level. This is to make sure that pH and alkaline are in good balance. A pool with an improper balance can affect water clarity, damage pool equipment, cause erosion and even affect pool chemistry.
– Add Chlorine or Bromine. This sanitizes your pool and kills any algae, bacteria, or other living things in the water.
– Check skimmer basket. Clear debris from skimmer basket to help keep water circulating and fresh.
– Shock Pool Water. These are necessary to destroy combined chlorine compounds. Shocks work with chlorine to help clean the pool.
– Add Algaecide. This is to prevent and control algae. A good algaecide should not damage or stain the pool.
– Add Metal Out. All pools have tiny particles that the filter system does not catch. This weekly dosage will help eliminate metal particles.
– Add Clarifier. This prevents cloudy water and they also remove particles that are too small for the filter system to catch. Clarifying agents will make particles stick together so the large pieces can later be removed through vacuuming or filtration.
– Vacuum pool.
– Leaf skim.
– Brush walls.
– Check filter/backwash.
These quick and easy steps will help ensure that you help preserve the life of your pool and also ensures a beautiful, clean pool for you to enjoy!