Network marketing is one of the most effective ways to conduct business. The reason being that word of mouth advertising is much stronger then print. Think about it for a moment if a friend told you that they love Product A and what it did for them, then you will probably remember that when you go to male that purchase and you are comparing Product A to Product B. Which one are you libel to pick.
The biggest issue for most small business owners that attempt networking is fear. They have the fear of public speaking and they have the fear of rejection, and these are the issues I want to address.
First lets address the fear of public speaking. This is not as difficult as you may think; it does take a little bit of practice and preparation. I have listed a few things you can do help you get over this.
1. Your are a professional and what do professionals do? They study and they practice their craft. So step one is the most important, practice at every free moment of the day. Practice to where you have it down without even thinking about it. Till it becomes natural.
2. Be prepared and have all your marketing materials ready the night before and make sure you get plenty of sleep.
3. When you are in your car on the way to a function, you need to get yourself pumped up and motivated. No worries, because if you followed the suggestions above, your ready for it.
Now I I have developed the perfect plan for you to develop your own rejection free 30 second advertisement. The key to this is knowing that your job at a networking event is not to sell anyone. Instead you are trying to figure out a way that you can help the others in attendance get more prospects and in turn how they can help you. It’s always been a false perception that people at a networking event are all going to be prospects, if it works out that way then great but it’s not the purpose.
1. Simply give your name and the name of your company, if you like you can even give your title.
2. Next generate a statement of what you do rather then simply saying what you do. Example don’t say I’m a landscaper, instead say We assist our clients in planning and creating their own at home paradise.”
3. Now mention no more then 2 (and 2 is pushing it) most important hot buttons or industrial facts.
4. This is the last step and it is what makes it rejection free. Tell them who the perfect client is for you. Again if you were landscaper “the perfect client for me would be someone that wants to improve the look of their yard or is feed up with the upkeep of maintaining their yard. If you know anyone like that please refer them to me.” Do you see what this statement does? You are asking them in a very casual way if they know someone then let them know about you. Your not trying to sell them, if they are now interested in your product or service they will ask you.
5. Your target time here is 30 seconds long.
Follow the steps above and you’ll be able to Network with out Fear. And don’t forget to practice.