High blood pressure also known as hypertension is a disease of the modern age.We can call it as silent killer. The fast pace of life and the mental and physical pressure increases the adrenaline in the blood stream and this causes the blood pressure to rise. The force exerted by the heart as it pumps the blood the blood into the large arteries creates a pressure within them and known as blood pressure. When the pressure becomes high, it causes high blood pressure, which is further caused by narrowing of the small blood vessels known as capillaries.
Causes of High Blood pressure
* Hormonal changes in women
* High intake of sodium
Home Remedies for High Blood pressure
* Garlic is known as one of the most effective remedy in lowering the blood pressure.
* Squeeze half a lemon in 100-150 grams of water and drink it every two hours for immediate relief.
* Indian gooseberry (amla) is also effective food remedy for high blood pressure. One tablespoonful each of fresh amla juice and honey mixed should be taken every morning.
* Watermelon is safeguard against hypertension.
* Grind equal amounts of watermelon seeds and khas khas. Take one teaspoonful with an empty stomach in the evening with water for lowering blood pressure. This can be taken 4-5 weeks according to the requirement.
* Take one teaspoonful of fenugreek seeds morning and evening with an empty stomach for 20-25 days with water.
* One or two pieces of garlic rolled in raisin lowers blood pressure.
* Take four leaves of Tulsi (Holy Basil) and two leaves of Neem with 3-4 teaspoonfuls of water, empty stomach for 6-7 days.
* Take fresh papayas daily on an empty stomach for a month regularly to decrease hypertension.
* Amla taken along with milk daily also helps in lowering the blood pressure.
* Walking barefoot on green grass for 20-25 minutes daily improves blood circulation and helps to maintain the blood pressure at normal.
* Hot foot or leg bath for 10-15 minutes and hot compress over the heart are the water treatments that have been proved beneficial for blood pressure.
* Yogic asanas such as suryanamaskar, makarasana, matsyasana, vajrasana, ardhpadmasana, pavanmuktasana, shavasana and simple pranayama like anuloma-viloma and abdominal breathing are too beneficial.
* Mix half onion juice and half of honey. Take 2-3 tablespoons twice daily to lower the blood pressure.
* Baked potatoes can be used for lowering the blood pressure.
* The vitamin P content in grapefruit is very helpful in toning up the arteries and lowers the blood pressure.