Diarrhea refers to the frequent passage of watery unformed stools also known as loose motions. It can cause dehydration that in severe cases may lead to death. It is of two types: acute and chronic. The intestine absorbs the water secreted by stomach, liver, pancreas and from the diet. In case of diarrhea the water is not absorbed properly or sometimes there is excess water secreted by the organs. As a result the intestine is not able to absorb excess of the water. People of every age can be suffer from diarrhea. Diarrhea for prolonged periods can lead to complications like general weakness due to loss of vitamins from the body.
Causes of Diarrhea
* Food consumed not properly digested
* Due to Putrefaction in the intestinal tract.
* Viral and bacterial infections
* Food allergies
* Bowel disorders
Home Remedies of Diarrhea
* Fresh juice of Indian gooseberry (Amla) taken with lemon juice and sugar is beneficial.
* Add one teaspoonful of ginger juice in half of cup of boiling water and drink hot after every one-hour.
* Intake of curd with mango juice and one teaspoon ginger helpful in diarrhea cure.
* Banana taken along with curd is useful for the treatment of loose motions.
* Intake of mango nut powder with water cures diarrhea.
* In case of acute diarrhea, oral rehydration therapy is the best way to deal with acute diarrhea.
* During diarrhea plenty of fluids should be given to the patient to maintain water balance in body.
* Roast fennel and white cumin seeds in equal amounts and take it in a dose of 3 grams after every three hours with water.
* Make a powder of 10-15 grams of dry fruit of Indian gooseberry (Amla) and 5 grams of black Chebulic myrobalan (Haritaki). Take one grams of this mixture twice in a day.
* Mix powder of 12 grams of fennel and 6 grams of white cumin seeds and then add 12 grams of unrefined sugar and store it. Take one gram of this mixture in every morning and evening for 15 days.
* Add some Spiegel seeds in 125 grams of curd and take it twice during day.
* Drink 200 grams of buttermilk with roasted cumin seeds along with half gram of black salt.
* Chewing roasted cumin seeds mixed in curd after meals increases the digestive power and prevents diarrhea.
* Application of ginger juice on the umbilicus helps in diarrhea cure
* Boil the milk for 10-15 minutes. Remove the skin that forms on the milk. Add hot chocolate to the milk and drink this mixture.
* Starchy liquids like arrowroot water, barley water, rice gruel and coconut water are very beneficial in the treatment of diarrhea.