Hair care is an overall term for parts of hygiene and cosmetology involving the hair on the human head. Shiny, healthy hair is a reflection of a healthy body. Hair is made up of keratin, a type of protein. Hair entanglement is a major issue for women with long hair these days and most of us feel like fighting a loosing battle when it comes to de-tangling our hair from each other.There are different types of hairs for different people. The type of hair, in terms of straight or curly, depends in part on a further chemical component. The a-keratin and other proteins in hair contain sulfur atoms which bond together in pairs to form a disulfide bond. Water makes up one-fourth of the weight of a strand of hair. Irregular hair growth or ingrown hairs are most common in people with curly hair (and in men’s beards). An ingrown hair occurs when the hair strand grows back into the skin.
There are a few of hair care secrets that are very handy and will help include Apply the mixture of an egg white, 2 spoon of castor oil, 1 spoon glycerin, in the scalp and hair. Massage hair with warm coconut oil an hour before washing. Boil a few hibiscus flowers in coconut oil. Filter and use this hair oil to control hair loss and thinning. Paste on the hair for at least half an hour. Honey helps in stimulating the hair follicle, almond oil and egg gets absorbed in the hair shafts and moisturizes them. Curd helps in stretching the skin pores. Soak a towel in hot water and squeeze lightly. Cover your hair with this for 10 minutes and do try this for almost a week Drink 10-12 glasses of water daily and have a high protein diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables. Mustard oil boiled with heena (mehndi) leaves is useful for the healthy growth of hair.
Hair care tips
1. Brush your hair regularly before going to bed each night.
2. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo. Use very little but enough to cover hair completely with lather.
3. Avoid brushing wet hair. This will cause the hair to stretch and finally break.
4. Take a calcium supplement or drink two glasses of milk a day.
5. Always hold hair dryer away from your hair.
6. Avoid pulling back your hair tightly.
7. Never use a rubber band on your hair as it can pull and damage hair considerably.
8. Never wash your hair with very hot or very cold water.