Dandruff also known seborrhea. Dandruff is a chronic scalp condition that causes scaling and flaking of the skin. The skin on our scalp sheds more than any other area. Flakes get trapped in the hair and mix with oil, causing dandruff. Dandruff is a global phenomenon and many people find that dandruff can cause social or self-esteem problems. Dry scalp is caused by a lack of moisture or natural oils on the scalp, which results in small, dry flakes, and itchiness. Dandruff is caused by the shedding of skin, which results in medium-to-large size, white, oily flakes. Dandruff has been shown to be the result of three factors First is skin oil commonly referred to as sebum or sebaceous secretions. Second is the metabolic by-products of skin micro-organisms and Third individual susceptibility. Severe cases of dandruff are caused by a disease called seborrhoeic eczema or seborrhoeic dermatitis.
Common symptoms of dandruff include white, oily-looking flakes of dead skin in your hair and on your shoulders and an itchy, scaling scalp. Dandruff is not an organism like lice. Dandruff mostly occurs after puberty, usually between the ages of 20 and 30, and affects males more than females. 50% of adults are affected by dandruff at some time or the other in their lives. Hormones may also be involved, because dandruff usually starts after puberty and is more common in men than women. Other factors contributing to this disorder are emotional tension, harsh shampoos, exposure to cold and general exhaustion. There are a lot of ways to treat dandruff. It can be controlled and prevented from increasing. External treatment includes using anti-dandruff shampoos or using anti-fungal shampoos. Nutritional dandruff treatment: Nutritional treatment includes eating good nutritious food. An intake of lot of liquids to keep your skin supple helps.
Beat two eggs and add two tablespoons of water to it. Wet the hair and apply the egg mixture over the hair. Now massage your scalp and let the mixture on for 10-15 minutes. Olive oil contains vitamin E and other essential vitamins which is good for the skin as well. Apply them to your hair and slowly massage the scalp with your fingers. Boil a handful of neem leaves in 4 teacups of water. After cooling and filtering, use for rinsing hair. Hair washed with fenugreek (methi) seed paste prevents dandruff, falling hair, baldness and dandruff keeping the hair long, healthy and black. Apply warmed coconut oil with the juice of two lemons, and leave in hair for two hours before shampooing out. Meats, sugar, strong tea or coffee, processed fruits, candies, soft drinks, pickles should be avoided.
Home Remedies For Dandruff Tips
1. Use of fenugreek seeds is one of the most important remedies in the treatment of dandruff. Two tablespoons of these seeds should be soaked overnight in water and ground into a fine paste in the morning.
2. Use of a teaspoon of fresh lime juice for the last rinse, while washing the hair, is another useful remedy.
3. The juice of snake gourd has been found beneficial in the prevention and treatment of dandruff.
4. Aloe vera dandruff cure About 10-15 minutes before you wash your hair, rub a lot of aloe vera gel into your scalp. leave it on for 10 minutes.
5. Using lime juice to wash hair.
6. Soak 2 tablespoons fenugreek seeds in water overnight. In the morning grind into a fine paste. Apply all over scalp and leave for ½ an hour. Wash with mild shampoo.
7. Mix the olive oil with the almond oil. Leave it on about 5 min.s after it starts to burn. Rinse well to clear dandruff.
8. Massage your hair with warm coconut oil and apply the juice of 2 lemons, steam your hair and leave the oil on for about 2 hours.
9. Boil a handful of neem leaves in 4 teacups of water. After cooling and filtering, use for rinsing hair.
10. Mix 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar with 1/4 cup water. Pour this mixture into a spray bottle and spritz it on to your hair and scalp, being careful to avoid the eye and ear area.