Hair is formed in minute pockets in the skin known as follicles. Hair is made up of keratin, which is a protein type. They tend to be the bodys barometer that indicates good and the poor health. There are three types of hair that grow on the human scalp and they are:
Dry hair looks dull and is often difficult to control even after shampooing. They have dry and split ends. When the oil glands become inactive they make the hair very dry. Dry hair need lot of care and nourishment. They tend to be thin, rough and brittle.
Home Remedies For Dry hair
* To a cup of coconut milk add the two tablespoons of flour of gram. Apply on the scalp and then massage it gently.Now Rinse the hair after five minutes. Use this method once in a week.
* Make a conditioner by mixing one tablespoonfull of castor oil, one tablespoon of glycerin, a teaspoon of cider vinegar and a teaspoon of protein to a tablespoon of mild herbal shampoo. Apply it on the scalp and leave it on for 20-30 minutes and rinse the hair.
* Massage the scalp with the warm olive oill.
* Add a teaspoon of lavender oil to the coconut oil and heat it for some seconds. Massage the scalp at night and shampoo the hair on next morning. Follow this procedure twice in a week for soft and shiny hair.
* A diet rich in zinc should be taken, as the main cause of dry hair is the deficiency of zinc which is a type of mineral.
The excess secretion of oil by the oil glands of the scalp makes the hair very oily. They look good after shampooing but after 1-2 days they become very sticky. They are more susceptible to dirt and dust. They needs washing after every 2-3 days.
* One of the best way to deal with oily hair is frequent washing with the mild shampoo.
* Mix one teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel and one tablespoon of lemon juice with one-fourth of shampoo and use this mixture to rinse the hair.
* Boil two tablespoons of mint in one and a half glass of water for 25-30 minutes. Strain this mixture and then mix it with the regular used shampoo. By Using this mixture on alternative days will absorb the excess oil from the scalp.
* Apply a puree of carrots for 20-25 minutes and then rinse the hair.
* Normal hair
They can be managed easily and dont need much care like dry hair and oily hair. A well-balanced and healthy diet is enough for normal hair.
* Application of cucumber puree for 20-25 minutes before washing will provide shine and heaviness to the hair.
* Soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds overnight, next morning grind the seeds and apply on the hair, rinse the hair with water after one hour and shampoo them next day. It will make the hair glow and shine.
* Periodically washing the hair with white vinegar gives a healthy look to the hair.
* Drinking one cup of lettuce and spinach juice in combination is very beneficial.
Home-made Hair Solutions:
* Rum Shampoo :- Mix two egg-yolks with two dessertspoonfuls of odourless linseed oil and two dessertspoonfuls of rum. Soak the hair and scalp. Keep on for one hour and rinse off with warm water.
* Egg Shampoo :- Beat two egg yolks in a glass of hot water. Strain, soak hair and scalp. Keep on for one hour. Rinse off with warm water.
* Hair Tonic :- Put 130 gms, each dried reetha, shikaki and amla into one litre of water. Keep it for few hours and then boil them. After cooling strain and use as a shampoo.
* Hair Conditioner :- Mix together 1 egg, 2 tablespoons castor oil, 1 teaspoon vinegar and 1 teaspoon of glycerine. Beat constantly and massage on scalp. Wash your hair after 20 minutes.