Menopause means the stoppage of menstruation and a stage when the female reproductive period of life comes to end. It is a normal event in the life of each woman that occurs in the mid or late forties of her age. The changes caused by menopause vary from one woman to another.
Causes of Menopause
Menopause is a natural phenomenon that occurs in females with preceding age. There are two female hormones present and they are progesterone and estrogen. With the increasing age ovaries stop producing normal amounts of estrogen and the regular production of progesterone comes to end and this create hormonal imbalance is created in the female body.
Home Remedies for Menopause
* Beet juice is beneficial in the treatment of menopause disorders. It should be taken in a dose of 70-90 ml thrice a day.
* Boil a teaspoon of carrot seeds in a glass of cows milk for ten to fifteen minutes and have it daily.
* Liquorice is proved as one of the most effective remedies for menopausal disorders a sit contains the hormone estrogen. One teaspoon of powder is advisable daily.
* A small dose of 2 grams of Indian spikenard is an effective remedy for various complications caused by menopause and helps in menopause treatment.
* Menopause causes severe calcium deficiency in body. Vitamin D and magnesium are essential for calcium assimilation. The recommended allowances are 1000 units of natural vitamin D, 500 milligrams of magnesium and two grams of calcium and this helps in menopause treatment.
* 60-100 units of vitamin E is recommended daily.
* Special supplements of vitamin C, B6 and pantothenic acid should be taken for menopause treatment.
* Walking, jogging, bicycling, jumping rope, dancing or any other daily exercise can relieve a lot of the symptoms of menopause
* Alfalfa, soybeans, soy sprouts, cabbage, beets, olive oil, olives, papaya, oats, peas are all important sources of natural estrogens and helps in menopause treatment.