Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Maternity Wear And Pregnancy Fashion
Have you ever wondered what makes women tick? Well among other things it is good, no wait great fashion sense!
If you are pregnant or soon will be, it can sometimes seem like a daunting task trying to remain fashionable and pregnant all at the same time.
Many women at least initially lament the loss of their pre-pregnant figures. The good news however, is that there are literally hundreds of online maternity fashion shops that offer quality, great looking and fun maternity wear at reasonable prices!
Just because you are pregnant doesnt mean you have to suffer from a fashion perspective. In fact, finding the right fashion wear might be just what you need to jump-start your pregnancy and make you feel great about yourself.
When To Start Wearing Maternity Fashions
Many new moms wonder when they should start wearing maternity clothes. You definitely wont be needing them your first trimester, where you alone are probably the only person that can tell that you are pregnant.
Most women start wearing maternity items at about the fourth or fifth month. Now, this varies from woman to woman. Second time moms often start showing earlier than their first time counterparts, and women with multiples start showing even sooner.
They type of maternity clothes that you need during pregnancy generally change too. Some women are able to make due with a baggy pair of jeans for some time during their early pregnancy. Many find themselves moving into maternity wear before their bellies are quite big enough to fill out the maternity wear.
Here are some maternity wearing tips that will help you during your pregnancy:
* Grab a rubber band. For the first few months you can secure your jeans using a rubber band hooked through the eye of your jeans and wrapped around the button. This will give you an extra inch or two of space in the months that you are too small for maternity clothes.
* Invest in a couple of comfy skirts. Long skirts with expandable waists work great in the early months of pregnancy.
* Purchase just a few maternity items that you can mix and match. Consider for example a pair of jeans and a pair of slacks, and maybe a few different shirts and accessories that can go with both. If you work in an office environment that is very formal, consider one or two suits that can easily be accessorized or mixed with several different shirts.
* Invest in an item or two one size too big. Often you just need a pair of jeans one size larger than normal to get you through the first few months of pregnancy.
Maternity clothes can be expensive, and remember you will only be wearing them for nine months. The good news is many online shops offered discounts on their maternity wear. You might also consider purchasing your maternity wear at a well known second hand shop. If you are a first time mom, youll undoubtedly find that many moms try to pawn off their old maternity items on you. This makes it even easier to shop!
What to Buy?
Are you wondering what your maternity wardrobe should contain? Though women have varying preferences and styles, there are a few items that every woman should have in her maternity wear closet. Among these include:
* Pair of black or khaki slacks
* One skirt or dress
* Variety of Maternity Ts and Tops
* Maternity Bra
You may or may not have to buy maternity underwear. While some women find the support in these comforting, others find that traditional bikini underwear purchased a size or two larger than normal work just as well, and are less expensive and come in more colors and styles.
You will find that your breasts are growing throughout your pregnancy. A good maternity bra is recommended. You should buy a bra that allows a little room for expansion however, as your breasts will likely inflate even more when they fill with milk close to delivery.
Remember that as a pregnant woman you deserve to look and feel your best. Don t hesitate for a moment to pamper yourself and purchase a few items that will not only help you look great, but will help you feel great during your pregnancy.
After Pregnancy Fashion
After pregnancy most women expect to fit back into their normal pre-pregnancy clothing in no time at all. The reality however is that most women will still look five months pregnant right after birth.
It takes a good nine months to put on the weight youll gain during pregnancy, and it will take some time to get it off. Consider getting yourself one or two nice post pregnancy outfits to wear until you are able to fit back into your normal clothing. This will help you feel better about yourself and encourage you even more to lose the weight you gained during pregnancy!