Well manicured nails can make be the difference between a great first impression and a poor one. The way you keep your nails says a lot about you as a person, so keeping them is tip top condition is a must. If you want to make sure your nails always look nice, put together a little manicure kit that you can take anywhere. Here are some nail essentials that you should be sure to include.
1. Glass Nail File: For perfectly filed nails, its best to invest in a glass nail file. Although they tend to be a little more expensive than your average emery board, they are better for your nails. Glass nail files leave your nails smoother and less jagged than other types, are easy to sterilize, and are much better for acrylic nails.
2. Base Coat: While it may not seem very important to put that thin layer of clear polish on your nails before your vibrant colored polish, it actually essential to healthy and great looking nails. A good base coat can help protect your nails from staining, especially when using dark colored polish. Its also a great way to ensure healthy nails that wont split, peel, break, or become brittle. When purchasing a basecoat, look for one that contains aloe vera, or vitamin E to help fortify your nails. Nails that are healthy will look great and the base coat will help nail polish go on smoother and stay on longer.
3. Top Coat: A top coat for your nails will help keep nail polish looking great by preventing chipping and helping polish last longer. A top coat can help keep polish on during work, washing dishes, or other activities that can be destructive to a manicure.
4. Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover: Non-acetone nail polish remover is important for a couple reasons. While a normal polish remover would suffice for simply taking some unsightly polish of your tips, its not recommended when removing nail polish from acrylic nails. Non-acetone polish remover is also a great way to help ensure your nail polish adheres to your nails properly. Remove any unwanted oils from your nails by taking a cotton ball dipped in non-acetone remover and wiping it across your nails. This primes the nails for painting. To make sure youre always prepared, its good to have this multi-use remover on hand.
5. Nail Clippers/Tweezers: A good pair of nail clippers is an essential tool for your nail health and over all comfort. A pair of nail clippers that isnt really up to par can lead to jagged edges and painful hangnails. Likewise, tweezers are also essential for keeping clean and healthy fingers nails and toenails.
6. Cotton Pads: Cotton pads are a great thing to keep in your nail kit. These cotton pieces can be used to remove nail polish, prime nails for applying polish, or help keep toes separated during a pedicure. They are inexpensive and are more practical than paper towels or tissues when removing polish.