Eye make up tips are provided on these pages to educate and entice you. There are countless tips that can be considered, but only the best are worth your time. Many of us realize that the eyes are the most essential part of the make up of the face. Take note of these eye make-up tricks for a quick glamour fix that youll just adore!
· Arch your brows to begin. The key to a clean look for your eyes begins with a beautiful shapely brow! Avoid the werewolf syndrome by trimming and shaping your brows. I highly recommend having a professional stylist do the job. Its always easier for an expert to tweeze or arch your brows than attempting the do-it-yourself tactic. Be sure to clearly explain your expectations. I always take in a picture to show how I want my brows to look.
Eyeliners. Eyeliners add further definition to the eye and put a more finished look to the effect desired with the application of the eye shadow. To apply the eyeliner, draw the line first on the lower lid, and then draw a line on the upper lid, starting from the inner corner and going towards the outer corner. The eyeliner should be applied closely to the lash line.
Mascara. In putting mascara on the eyelashes, a woman adds more life to her eyes and makes them seem brighter. The color of the mascara that you should choose, however, should complement the color of your skin.
· Choose your shadows wisely. Eye color makes a difference when choosing shadow colors. Brown eyes look good with most colors, however, try adding some variety to your face by spicing it up with some color. Blue and green eyes should avoid the blue and green shadows. This will give you a pale and dull appearance. If you have blue or green eyes, smoky colors tend to bring out your eyes the best. A make-up trio is good to buy because part of the work is already done for you, color coordination. When you use a color trio, go from lighter to darker starting at the lid part of your eye.
· Applying the Shadow. Most women just start applying shadow without the most important initial step, the base. Using foundation to base your eyes brings out the true color of the shadow and allows the shadow to stay on longer. After the base, apply the shadow with a long tipped brush. These are just better for application and blending. To top it off, add a little liner to the very top of your lids to make your eyes appear sexier, but be sure to smudge it. Helpful hint-after applying more than one color, blend them with a separate brush to create a more natural look.
· Mascara is a Must- Choosing your mascara is tricky. Most women dont put much thought or money into the type of mascara that they use. Well, if I were to invest in one expensive type of make-up, it would be the mascara. Why? Well, for one, cheap mascara can actually lead to breakage of the lashes! Its true cheap mascara, which leads to clumping, weighs down the lashes, which eventually leads to tearing lids out to remove the mascara. You can choose thickening mascara, lengthening, or conditioning (if you dont need longer or thicker lashes) depending on what you need. The make-up market has a plethora of mascara products to choose from. I suggest avoiding colorful mascaras, as they tend to add too much to your look.
· Pull your look together by color-coding. Basically, be sure to tie it all together by choosing the rest of your cosmetics to match your beautiful new eyes. If you are wearing smoky eyes, red lips look great! Shimmery shadows go great with nude or earth tone lips. Never mix shiny lips with shimmery, eyes unless you want to look like a character from High School Musical. With a more matte look, say, an Audrey Hepburn classic look, you can sport earth-tone lips or red lips. Just be sure that you arent over killing on one color.
Curl lashes An eyelash curler will make even long lashes look more gorgeous. For added effect, you can heat the curler under a blowdryer for a couple seconds. Test curler before applying to lashes because you could burn yourself.
Apply mascara Place the wand of your mascara brush at the bottom of lashes and wiggle back and forth. Follow with another few sweeps of the wand. Apply to bottom lashes as well.