Well, here we are again and Dr Robin is going to rant and rave about some of the internet marketers that swear that you can “make $300 to $10,000 in a day”. Well BAH Humbug! Yes there are always the superstars that fall into the pit of “you know what” and always end up smelling like a rose. They are very few and far between of those. For the most part the average Joe and Joette must work at it and take some time.
This is the example that I use when I teach new prospects or even new associates about this NETWORK MARKETING and INTERNET MARKETING STUFF.
1. It is a business and must be treated as one.
2. That you will not get rich over night and maybe not even in a year.
3. You must be willing to WORK at this at least one hour every day.
4. You must be coachable and teachable
5. You must have written down your goals and shared them with your mentor and or sponsor in your business.
6. You must use some form of tracking sheet to follow you daily activities
7. You must send them upline to you mentor, or sponsor as a tool to help you.
8. You must be willing to follow until asked to lead
9. You must be willing to share this process the same way it was shared with you (duplication I think it is called. Why reinvent the wheel?)
10. You must be able to set some kind of budget for advertising, and self education over and above the cost of the business.
See it is not the get rich over night/strike it rich you thought it was, but if you can stick it out, the business will get you where you want to go.
Let look at it from a different view:
You boss at you J.O.B. (Just Over Broke) called you into his office and said ” Joe you are fired. Pack up you stuff and hit the road. Bye out the door.” As you turn to go out he says ” Joe just a minute. I have and offer for you. Tell you what I will let you keep you JOB on the following terms:
1. That you work an extra hour everyday seven days a week for the next two years
2. You must be coachable and teachable
3. You must have written down your goals and shared them with your mentor and or sponsor in your business.
4. You must use some form of tracking sheet to follow you daily activities for the extra hour
5. You must send them upline to you mentor, or sponsor as a tool to help you.
6. You must be willing to follow until asked to lead
7. You must be willing to share this process the same way it was shared with you (duplication I think it is called. Why reinvent the wheel)
8. You must be able to set some kind of budget extra for advertising, and self education over and above the cost of the business
“Joe if you can do this for the next 24 month I will then let you retire with full benefits and an extra $100,000.00. Does this sound like something that you would want to do today?”
Well guess what? That is exactly what network marketing is all about. If you can do this and follow the program you can work in Network Marketing. So you say ok Dr Robin you have been in this industry for 37 years and you know all about it but I am just starting and I am not an expert. What do I do?
First of all an “EXPERT” is just a “DRIP” under pressure. HAHA. A little joke. You are the expert compared to someone not in your business. First you’re the expert in finding this business, second you know how to fill in the application correctly as you are an associate in that business. See, you are the expert.
It is not that hard, but must you must treat it like a business and apply yourself daily. I know some of you, like me, like to take Sundays off. Well, that means somewhere in your week you must make up for that hour and add it in on Saturday or Friday or somewhere. The other question is “if I add two hours a day will I get there sooner.” Yes you will, if you treat it like a business. Remember, a hobby has toys a business has tools. Use the tools and if you can not find them talk with a mentor and or upline or sponsor. Do not be afraid ask questions. The one question you fail to ask may be the one that you need to build your business into six figures.
As you can see you can be a match that has a large flame when lit but goes out fast, or a Flame that starts out bright but burns its self out, or you can be the burning ember that is strong and bright, but does not burn out. You make the choice. Thanks and see you on the “Bright SIDE”
Copyright (c) 2007 Robin Rushlo