When I did some research to look into articles to write for women, I noticed that inner thigh exercises’ was something that a lot of women are looking for online. As a male personal trainer, I get this request from all my female clients, “Nitin, which are the best inner thigh exercises”?
The inner thigh muscles consist of the hip adductors, the ones that bring the hips closer to each other. For example, think of standing with a pillow wedged between your knees, and now try to squeeze the pillow with both knees. This inward movement of the knees towards each other is an action of the inner thigh muscles.
Improving the shape and tone in the inner thighs is an important part of exercise for most women. There are lots of exercises to shape this region, and I will outline the ones that are most effective. You do not need any expensive equipment of an exercise video.
An exercise mat and a pair of ankle weights (2-3 lbs) is enough for an effective inner thigh exercise routine at home. I have seen some amazing results with my clients with the simple exercises I have outlined below.
Before we get started, please keep in mind that these exercises are just a small part of the inner thigh solution’. The following tips will help you get the shapely, tight and toned inner thighs you have always wanted.
Tips for inner thigh exercises.
1. Get a medical evaluation and a complete physician’s clearance before beginning a fitness program. This is especially important if you are over 35, have been sedentary for a long time, have high blood pressure and/or cholesterol, are a smoker, or have chest pains or shortness of breath.
2. Eat a healthy, balanced diet at all times. Avoid gimmicks and fad diets.
3. Do not do too much too soon. Try to stay within your limits, and only do what can be sustained.
4. Challenge your body every single time! Mix up the routine.
5. Get a workout partner, someone who motivates you.
6. Stop if you have pain in the neck, lower back or abdominal muscles. Your technique may be improper. Learn the right exercise technique from printable exercise charts or consult a certified personal trainer.
7. In addition to specific exercises to focus the inner thighs, I strongly recommend ‘compound’ exercises such as squats and lunges.
These exercises help tone the entire thigh region – front, back, inner and outer thighs. In addition (as I will explain), minor variations to the squat and lunge can create a very effective inner thigh exercise routine.
Well-planned compound movements are the foundation of inner thigh exercises. The thigh muscles consist of the quadriceps (front), hamstrings (back) and abductors (side). All it takes is 15 minutes of exercise three times a week to shape the inner thighs. How hard should you push yourself?
This number guide will help you determine what intensity of inner thigh exercises is right for you. The intensity of inner thigh exercises will vary from 1 to 5, where 5 is the ‘hardest’. For effective inner thigh exercises, you need to push to an intensity that falls between 3.
This is a unique method that I have developed on my own, and it has helped thousands of clients get results. You can view my clients in action with videos of inner thigh exercises and download full color inner thigh exercise routines by registering on my websites mentioned at the end of this article.
1 – Light exercise, where you can barely feel the muscle working. (this is what you feel in the first 1-3 repetitions)
2 – You can feel the hip muscles working (as you do more repetitions, you become more aware of the tension in the muscles)
3 – Moderate intensity, where you begin feel a ‘burn’ or ‘strain’ in the muscle. You have to exert a little to maintain the exercise.
4 – Moderate to high intensity, where your hip muscle starts to hurt, and you feel like stopping.
5 – High intensity, where you just can’t continue. You need to stop and take a break.
For some individuals, 10 repetitions of an exercise is enough to get to 3, or even 4. This is especially common for beginners, or for those who have resumed exercise after a long break. For other, more conditioned individuals, it is common to get to 3 or 4 after 30-40 repetitions, or after using ankle weights.
The Most Effective Inner Thigh Exercises
Outer Thigh Lift.
Inner Thigh Firmer.
Cable Adductor Machine.
Modified Squats and Lunges.