Infertility is a growing concern among many couples when they start planning for a family. There are a number of causes behind infertility, some of which can be diagnosed. But the tragedy is that in many cases the reason for infertility remains unexplained. Treatments like IUI (Intra Uterine Insemination) and IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) have proven successful to induce fertility in many cases but the number of failure cases of these treatments cannot be overlooked either, as these treatments involve huge costs including a number of physical side effects and emotional stress. For this reason many couples are opting for herbal remedies to treat infertility as the latest clinical researches and positive data have encouraged medical practitioners to adopt this alternate way of treatment.
Male and female infertility is widely attributed to the lifestyle of the people, stress and tensions that disturbs the hormonal balance leading to erectile dysfunction and low sperm counts in men. In female the levels of estrogen and progesterone are greatly disturbed by the above mentioned factors resulting to infertility. Too much drinking and smoking also contributes to fertility in both men and women.
Since the reasons for fertility are complex and varies with the individuals the herbal remedies functions in setting the basic physical conditions right to improve the chances of conception like reducing stress and relaxing the muscles, restoring hormonal balance, improving the uterine functions and enhancing the libido.
Herbs for Female Infertility
1. Red clover is an excellent source of vitamins, calcium and magnesium that helps in nourishing the uterus and relaxing the muscles improving the chances of conception. Generally it is taken as tea.
2. Raspberry leaves are rich in calcium and functions greatly in restoring hormonal balance. It gives best results when taken along with red clover.
3. The herb Lady’s mantle regulates the menstruation and improves the endometrial lining. The tincture of this herb is taken once daily.
4. False unicorn root maintains hormonal balance and also stimulates the ovaries favoring ovulation.
5. Stinging nettle rich in chlorophyll and minerals regulates the hormonal levels, menstruation and ovulation. It is also taken as tea.
6. Damiana tones the nerves and increases the sexual desire. Taken either as capsules or dried herbs the treatment should be carried on for few weeks.
Herbs for Male Infertility
1. Astralagus improves the sperm motility and the count enhancing the chances of conception.
2. Panax Ginseng reduces the erectile dysfunction by increasing the testosterone levels and also increases the sperm count and motility.
These herbs must be taken with caution consulting health experts as these may have some serious side effects if taken along with other drugs and pills.