The telltale sign for me was when I noticed that I was getting extremely tired every day in the late afternoon. I would often drive up to my health club after working that day sit in my car to take a brief rest and fall asleep for half an hour. I knew something was off. But I did not know what it was. I thought that getting tired at the end of the day was natural. But falling asleep in my car? No way. Could falling asleep at the wheel be a diabetes symptom?
Diabetes is sometimes a disease that has undetected symptoms. Quite a few people are dazed at the physician’s diagnosis when the doctor tells the patient she has diabetes. While it may not have symptoms that force pain, the disease working in the background can have serious costs if left undetected. The longer you go without knowing the worse it could be for you.
Think about the heredity you have been given. If diabetes has been in your family educate yourself on the control of the situation to overcome any inclination to diabetes.
Better safe than sorry.
Some of the symptoms of diabetes include
1. frequent bathroom trips
2. excessive thirst
3. extreme hunger
4. unusual weight loss
5. increased fatigue
7. blurry vision
You may wonder if it is possible to prevent or delay the onset of diabetes. After all, it can come from heredity. Many people have it, it has been studied for years and you may feel if you are going to get it, then so be it.
But, the symptoms are so random and often not noticed so that many pre-diabetics do not seek help. the two main components of preventing diabetes are those that will give you a lot of other benefits as well: exercise or just increasing your level of physical activity and proper nutrition in the diet.
You need to reduce or cut high sugar, high carbohydrate foods, and high fat foods. These are the foods that may have given you diabetes to begin with. Start eating more fiber, vegetables and proteins. As you begin this project to better health yourself it may seem daunting at first. You know you can make the proper choices with a little effort and proper planning.
Even some people already diagnosed with diabetes and taking medication can sometimes revert to proper blood sugar levels with the addition of more, or consistent, physical activity and proper diet in their lives. Some studies have shown, in fact, that these two situations can work as well as medicines. Of course, you should not go off any applications unless you plan a program with your physician first and have the proper normal readings on tests matched coupled with diabetes levels.
An eye exam should be done every year to allow your physician to catch any potential maladies, including diabetes. Early detection is very critical as mentioned above. You have more of a chance to offset the disease by taking sure procedures if you know you can keep control of your situation by straightforward bugaboo solving techniques.
Conclusions to this educational article then are:
1. If you need help constructing a good diet plan Seek out help. Visit some forums on the internet; see your doctor or a nutritionist to plan your diet.
2. Watch your weight. Maintain a normal level for your age and height.
3. Get tested regularly for diabetes, even if you show no signs, especially if the disease is inherent in your family tree.
4. If you want to eliminate medications, follow your physician’s advice regarding the medications and take them regularly until you have your diet and exercising under control. Once you have established a good exercise and diet program, you will be able to remove or eliminate the medical applications. But consult your doctor first.
5. If you notice any of the diabetes signs listed above in the beginning of this article applying to you, please get a fasting diabetes test as soon as possible. To prevent the onset of any serious medical conditions that can be elevated or heightened by diabetes such as stroke or joint problems.
In conclusion: This article was written to give you an outline of diabetes. If you want to take care of a problem like reducing blood sugar or a potential problem go to the resource box.