Try the new ___ Risk Free for 30 days! Keep the ____even if you return the _____ for a full refund
Thats the template for the ad.
Fill in the blanks.
How about ;
Try our new 8 pound upright vacuum cleaner Risk Free for 30 days! Keep the $69 Air Purifier even if you return the vacuum cleaner for a full refund
Try the new Salad Mixer Risk Free for 30 days! Keep the bottle opener even if you return the Salad Mixer for a full refund
This kind of Risk Free offer works. It works better than a straight offer to sell your product. The net sales are always higher, even after refunds & lost free gifts.
Why does this appeal work? Because it takes the major objection away What if I dont like it?
The big key here is the free gift that they get to keep anyway. The customer must want the gift. The gift cant be a part of the original offer.
For example, you cant offer a vacuum cleaner & say that they can keep the bags even if they return the vacuum. The bags are worthless without the vacuum. The free gift must have value all by itself.
Most importantly .
The offer must be able to be sold without the 30 day trial. The offer must be good enough by itself.
The reason this guarantee headline works soooo well is this:
The customer feels that they are only trying the product. They dont feel a commitment to keep it.
The customers brain keeps telling them that the free gift is really free.
The feeling is that they own the free gift and are only trying out the main product.
Heres why they dont return the main product ..
1) The find that they really REALLY like the product they bought.
2) You send them a free gift right after they buy to make them feel warm & fuzzy toward keeping the product. And this additional gift confuses what they have to return (in the customers mind)
3) It actually takes an effort to return something & get a refund.
4) 30 days is long enough so that they arent thinking every day about how much time they have left to return it.
This type of headline and offer only work if the core product makes the customer completely happy. You cant use this technique to sell junk.
Retail stores that use this appeal almost have no more refunds than normal.
The first time you use this, youll think that youll get lots of refunds. But you can depend on human nature to keep your refunds to a few percent, it that.
We ran the ad once. We noticed two things;
1) We didnt get that many more people in the store . and
2) We had no refunds at all.
The biggest benefit weve seen is that it gets the reader to read the rest of the ad, because its such a good deal.