Music is traditionally a big part of Christmas, if youre not sure how big, just imagine a Christmas without music!
If you want to throw a great Christmas Party this year, consider a Christmas Kareoke party. Why? Because, people love to sing at Christmastime. Do you remember getting together with friends and family and singing Christmas Carols when you were young? So does everyone else. And, for the most part people love to relive their childhood experiences.
Heres a few tips on how to throw a great Christmas Kareoke party.
1. Theres strength in numbers. Your guests will feel much more comfortable singing when everyone else is singing. The smaller the group the more self-conscious people will be. So, be generous, invite as many people as you can.
2. Start with drinks and hors doeuvres. Make your guests comfortable and let them mingle over some wine and cheese.
3. Use background music. Background Christmas music is a must if you want your guests to warm up to music. If they hear their favorite Christmas songs theyll be more open to singing when it comes time.
4. After a few hours invite everyone to sit and be comfortable. If you can, set up theatre style chairs which is a more formal and enrolls and engages everyone to step up.
5. Hand out lyric sheets. Very often your local newspaper will print Christmas Lyrics to popular Christmas Songs. If not, go to the internet and search online for Christmas Lyrics.
6. Put on the Christmas Kareoke CD and get everyone to sing as a group. You can choose a soloist or two if people are so inclined but its not necessary. Its the caroling that people love to do, not show off their singing voices. Its all about the energy of the group.
7. Dont make it too long. The last thing you want to do is have too many songs to sing. The whole singing event shouldnt last longer than half an hour at the most.
8. Once the singing is complete, put the background Christmas Music on.
9. Let people mingle until the party is over.
Youll find that a Christmas Kareoke is a very clever thing to do and your party will be remembered for its originality and fun.
Christmas caroling has fallen out of style for the past several years. Its time to bring it back. If you can find yourself a great local piano player to come in and lead the carol sing. If your budget will not permit it, then find the perfect Christmas karaoke CD that will work in your regular CD player.