How to Rid Your Home of Mold, Protecting Your Children’s Health

If you have mold in your basement, you need to have it removed ASAP. Mold is extremely dangerous to your health and the health of your children. It may seems fairly innocuous, but, mold, if left untreated, can be lethal.

The easiest way to get mold out of your home is to waterproof your basement. Waterproofing kills mold and gets rid of moisture, which mold and mildew need to live. As long as you have moisture, you’ll have mold. As long as you’ll have mold, you’ll have health problems. Children, with their smaller lungs and weaker immune systems get hit extremely hard by mold issues. Asthma, sinusitits, sinus allergies, even cancer have been linked to mold (especially black mold).

Anytime you have water or moisture it your basement or crawlspace, mold and mildew grow and colonize. Then, they give off reproductive spores, which we breathe in. And, your pets are breathing the same spores. Many think that because the mold is in the basement, it won’t affect the rest of the home.

This is absolutely untrue. Remember that anywhere air goes, so do the spores. They can come in through your AC or heating vents, any time you open a door, or any time you bring items up from the basement and into the living areas.

Toxic black mold can get into your dog or cat’s lungs and strain the capillaries. Once this happens. they can burst and bleed! This can cause death fairly rapidly. It is ultra important to insure your home is not mold infested. Black mold, by the way, is also extremely dangerous to children and adults!

Be sure to text your entire home for mold. Test each and every room, the basement and/or crawlspace, and the attic. Really, anywhere there is damn, dark places, mold will grow. Typically, basements and crawlspaces are breeding grounds for black mold because they are damp, get water fairly frequently and are usually dark.

Getting your basement waterproofed will solve the problem by removing moisture and water.

Dehumidifiers and cleaning products take mold away temporarily. But, as long as moisture exists, so does mold. And, the longer it’s there, the longer your children breathe it in.

Waterproofing seals moisture out of the walls and in between the walls. It kills mold’s source of food and keeps it out of your house. If you love your pets, then this is a no-brainer. Considering that mold spores can KILL your dog or cat, you should know it’s so important to have waterproofing performed.

If you want to protect your home, get the basement waterproofed as soon as possible. It’s an amazing investment into your home and your health!