There isn’t a more effective way for you to promote your business than to write a book! Writing a book not only allows you to provide information but it allows you to establish your company’s credibility, position yourself as an expert in your field, leave a lasting impression on clients you meet directly as well as to those they pass your book onto, as well as create a profit while you sleep!!
So how do you do this? Well, it is easier than what you may think. Here are seven easy steps:
1.Write the book! Create an outline of the information you want to provide in your book and write it! A full-length paperback book should be at least 50 pages.
2. Publish the book. The great thing about book publishing today is that you don’t have to mortgage your home to be a published author nor do you have to experience a slew of rejection letters from traditional publisher. You can self-publish your book and keep 100% of the products.
3. Promote the book! Once the book is finished send out a press release to your local and regional newspapers about its release. Also don’t neglect online newswires to announce your book to the world.
4. Give the book away for free to clients or potential clients. As a special “thank you” for your clients using your business offer your book! Not only will this help you retain the clients that you have, but they will share your book with the people that they know. Talk about inexpensive marketing!
5. Create a Website: If you don’t already have a website for your company, this is the time to have one designed even if it is just a contact page. The fact is that more and more people have access to the internet and they are always searching for information. No matter what your budget may be, you can have a website. Look into companies like www.freewebs.com or www.bravenet.com both are excellent for the novice and professional web designer.
6. Promote with E-Books! Turn your book into an e-book and offer it for free or for nominal cost on your website. If you choose to offer it for free this is a great way to build your email list. In exchange for visitors receiving your free information ask they to provide their name and email address. This will give you the opportunity to send them information about your products and services.
7. Write articles based on the content in your book. Take an extra step in establishing yourself as an expert by writing articles. Articles don’t have to be long they just have to be informative. Make sure to include short byline so that readers can find you and your company.
Writing a book can an inexpensive and practical way to promote your business. Self-publishing just may be the avenue you want to take when having your book published.