We all have competitors. Some of them are local, some sell by mail-order or on the internet. Heres how to literally become The only game in town.
1) Offer services that nobody else will.
2) Package your offer so it cant be shopped. We give several things away. Extended warranties, add-ons, and more. Dont separate these items when you are showing the customer the offer, dont say For an extra $59 you get this. We just include everything in our package and quote a price. Now your price may be more than anyone else in town, but it wont matter. Because the offer will include more (of the things the customer wants) than they will get anywhere else.
3) Sell high end. Nobody else in town will advertise what you advertise. Therefore, you arent sharing any of our selected market. Advertise what other people dont.
4) Demonstrate features that the customer wants. Many times other products will do what my product will do. But if youre the only one telling the customer about it, its unique in the mind of the customer.
5) And Im going to keep beating this drum. Give away free services. Dont charge for minor services. Advertise the fact. This completely separates you from everyone else. I continually hear from others in my business But we make $500 a month on installing vacuum cleaner belts. Im a professional. I get paid for what I do. Good. Keep thinking that. Youre the guy Im taking business from, by offering, to your customers, what you wont.
Claude Whitacre writes and publishes the Unfair Advantage Retail Newsletter. “Dedicated To Helping You Create Phenonenal Profits In Your Retail Business.” Every monthly issue is Stuffed with Strategies, Techniques,Ideas, Examples,and Marketing Test Results. “A Seminar In Every Issue”.
You can receive three months of Claude Whitacre’s Unfair Advantage Retail Newsletter and monthly interview CD for only $5.95. For complete information, just go to http://www.unfairadvantegeretail.com