This article will help you to learn how to give a relieving foot massage. Before you begin massage check that your hands are clean and your nails fairly short with no jagged edged. Take off any rings if you wear them.
Foot massage step by step
Your feet are probably the most neglected part of your bodies. They definitely deserve a loving massage from time to time. Make sure your partner is warm and comfortable. Uncover one foot by folding back the towel or blanket. Now pour a little of your chosen oil into the palm of one hand. Rub your hands together to evenly distribute the oil. Now you are ready to begin.
1. Enclose the foot between hands (one on top, one underneath), then gently slide your hands off the foot coming forward to the toes. This movement should be slow and soothing. Repeat four or five times.
2. Gently circle around the ankle using your thumbs. This area can be tender, so go easy.
3. Rub over the top of the foot with your thumbs in little circles, coming down from the ankle area to the toes. Repeat three or four times.
4. Now rub each toe the same little circular movements.
5. Rotate each toe twice in each direction.
6. Gently pull each toe between finger and thumbs.
7. Zigzag down the sole of the foot from toes to heel with your thumbs overlapped.
8. Enclose the foot in your hands then rub them in opposite directions, to create frictions. This is very warming.
9. Hold the foot firmly and slowly rotate the ankle clockwise then anti-clockwise. Repeat a couple of times.
10. Repeat step 1.
Once completed, wrap the foot up again for warmth and repeat the movements on the other foot. By now your massage partner will be feeling more relaxed and at ease with your touch.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.