Many people use eye shadow to simply improve their appearance, but it is also commonly used in theatre and other plays, to create a memorable look, with bright and even ridiculous colors. Applying eye shadow has plagued many a person but with a little care, the end result is worth the effort. Never apply eyeliner or use mascara before applying eye shadow or the concealer for the total effect is ruined. A wonderful eye shadow tip for women who want to make their eyes appear closer is to emphasize the inner corners of the eyes.
Eye shadow is perhaps the most beloved cosmetic of creative makeup artists. Some women prefer to apply eye shadow with a damp brush or applicator. This helps in intensifying the color. Powder eye shadows come in singles or color coordinated sets. Cream eye shadows can be coordinated with powder eye shadows.
Eye shadow adds depth and dimension to one’s eyes, compliments the eye color, or simply draw attention to the eyes. The effect of eyeshadow usually brings out glamorous and attention bringing out the eyes.
Tips for applying eye shadow
1. Apply the medium shade on the upper eyelid only. Use a lighter shade under the browbone to highlight the eyes.
2. When you want to apply light shades such as blue, beige, light green and light gray then you should first draw a thin line with the help of liquid eyeliner.
3. Pearly shades are great for highlighting the brow bone and opening up the eye area.
4. You should use brushes to apply eye shadow. And try to avoid those nasty foam applicators that come with it.
5. Apply a lighter eye shadow color above your primary color and below your eyebrow.
Types of Eye Shadows
Dark – This is applied only to the eyelids from the lashline to the crease in the eyelid.
Medium – This is applied from just below the eyelid crease to the browbone. You can, and some techniques do, shade the entire lid with this medium shade first.
Highlight – This is the lightest of the three and is applied to the browbone and extends a little past the outer end of the eyebrow. This usually gives a pearly finish.