Copyright 2006 Karen Fusco
Theres one in every crowd, the queen bee who seems as if she has it all, does it all, looks great while she does itand never breaks a sweatand is always reaching for more. You may love her or hate her, but its for certain that you want to be just like her.
Ive been fortunate enough to know several women who fit this description. And what Ive learned is that they all have these five secrets in common.
1. Laugh. Laughter keeps you from taking it all so seriously that you become stressed out to the point of being paralyzed and unable to accomplish much of anything. So, the first part of the balancing act that you want to master is to learn to lighten up. Laugh often, laugh long, and the hardest part of being the queen of balancing it all is behind you.
2. Be Passionate. Love what youre doing and giving it everything youve got will come naturallyand easily. Youll still face obstacles and difficulties, but when youre passionate about what youre doing and where youre going in your life, youll be better able to handle any problems that come up.
3. Flexibility Is Essential. Yes, you have to be organized and have a schedule to achieve anything, but you also have to be able to roll with the punches, as they say. Life is anything but smooth, no matter whats going on, so its vital that you dont get so attached to your schedule and routine that you cant be flexible when the unexpectedor wondrous!things happen. Leave yourself some breathing room, and youll feel as if you can accomplish anything.
4. Plant Your Feet. Know who you are and what you believe. When you have firm values, youre in a better position to deal with anyone or any situation that could throw you off-track. Tell yourself you can and will do something, know why you want to do it, then, as Nike says, just do it. Dont let yourself be pulled away from the roots of what makes you unique, no matter what, and you can accomplish more than you ever imagined possible.
5. Dont Doubt, Do. The balancing-it-all queens that Ive been fortunate to know all have one thing in common: they are doers. They dont doubt themselves or what theyre doing. They dont have time! Theyre too busy going, doing, reaching, reaching, reaching. They never give up, give in or give out, they simply do, do, do. So get busy doing, and leave the doubt and anxiety behind to trouble someone elsesomeone who has time!