The main cause of sunburn is overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation, generally from the suns rays. Sometimes it may occur from other UV light such as tanning salons. It is associated with some microscopic change in the skin. Sunburn may occur to anyone who goes for fishing, swimming in the sunlight or visit a beach. Consumption of birth control pills, antibacterial agents used in soaps and shampoo, outdoor activities like swimming, skiing and hiking are the causes for sunburn.
Natural Cures for Sunburn Precautions and Remedies
There are several natural cures for sunburn that may help you to cure your sunburn naturally. Few of them are discussed as below –
– Always use sunglasses to cover your eyes against UV radiation. You will protect your skin around the eyes.
– Cover maximum part of your body with cloths Not doing so is a recipe for inviting sunburn for the skin.
– Apply sunscreen lotion that will protect you from harmful UV rays.
– You should take all these precautions in a cloudy day also because clouds allow a lot of UV to enter and hurt the skin.
– Use wide brimmed hat or cap This will protect your scalp and face.
– Soak a cloth or cotton gauze in cold whole milk and apply carefully onto the burned skin and leave it for 15 minutes to 20 minutes, then wash with cold water.
– Apply Aloe Vera gel to the affected areas it is very effective home remedies for sunburn. Aloe Vera cream is also good herbal treatment for sunburn.
– Tea without sugar helps to sooth and relief some of the discomfort of sunburned skin. It is one of the best home remedies for sunburn.
– Drink more water when exposed to the sun, because your body loses water and essential salt in the sunlight. To prevent this, take more fluid to ensure your skin health.
– Lavender oil and yogurt also help in treating the sunburn. It is simple and easy home remedies for sunburn available all the time at your home.
It is better to try these home remedies for sunburn before rush to your doctor for a medical treatment. Home remedies are not only effective but also free from side effects. So, it is better to take care of your skin with natural home remedies.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.