Hemorrhoids, which are also called piles, are swollen and inflamed veins in your anus and rectum. Hemorrhoids may result from straining to move stool. Other contributing factors include pregnancy, aging, chronic constipation or diarrhea, and anal intercourse. A sometimes embarrassing topic of discussion, hemorrhoids are common. By age 50, about half of adults have had to deal with the itching, bleeding and pain that often signal the presence of hemorrhoids.Many anorectal problems, including fissures, fistulae, abscesses, or irritation and itching, also called pruritus ani, have similar symptoms and are incorrectly referred to as hemorrhoids.Symptoms of external hemorrhoids may include painful swelling. This condition is known as a thrombosed external hemorrhoid. Pregnancy causes hypertension and increases strain during bowel movements, and thus hemorrhoids are often associated with pregnancy.
Hemorrhoids are common in both men and women. About half of the population has hemorrhoids by age 50. Hemorrhoids are also common among pregnant women. Symptoms of hemorrhoids include anal itching ,anal ache or pain, especially while sitting ,bright red blood on toilet tissue, stool, or in the toilet bowl ,pain during bowel movements and one or more hard tender lumps near the anus. Medical treatment of hemorrhoids is aimed initially at relieving symptoms. Many home remedies help for relief Hemorrhoids. Yogic kriyas like jalneti and vamandhouti are highly beneficial. Cranberry A diet consisting of a lot of cranberries is supposed to be beneficial. A cup of milk boiled with mashed banana and taken thrice a day is also beneficial for piles. Boil 20g of sesame seeds in 500 ml of water and drink it. This is another effective home remedy for hemorrhoids.
Sulfur Mix one teaspoonful of Flowers of Sulfur with one tablespoonful of Vaseline. Apply two or three times a day. Blanch 4gm of passion fruit to 1/4 cup of water, use a cloth to apply on the hemorrhoids. Apply Witch hazel with a sterile cotton pad, 3 times daily to shrink the swollen veins. Make a mixture of half-teaspoon fresh ginger juice, half-teaspoon fresh limejuice, a tablespoon honey, and a half-teaspoon mint leaves and take this mixture once a day. Mix 1 tablespoon of Vaseline with 1 teaspoon of Flowers of Sulfur and smear on the hemorrhoids 2-3 times a day. The jambul fruit is another effective food remedy. The fruits should be taken with salt every morning for 2-3 months in the season. Various yogasanas such as sarvangasana, vipritakarani, halsana and gomukhasana are also useful. Witch hazel will help soothe and shrink the hemorrhoids.
Home Remedies for Hemorrhoids Tips
1. Take 100 mg of rutin three times a day.
2. Apply liquid lecithin directly on the hemorrhoids, once a day, until they disappear.
3. Eat a large boiled leek every day as an afternoon snack or with dinner.
4. Eat three raw unprocessed almonds every day. Chew each one about 50 times.
5. Take bioflavanoids and rutin as a preventative measure.
6. Take 1 Tbsp of the coriander juice (green leaves) with 1 tsp of sugar added, 3 times daily.
7. Apply Witch hazel with a sterile cotton pad, 3 times daily to shrink the swollen veins.
8. Powder dried mango seeds. Take 2 grams twice daily for bleeding piles.
9. It is also recommended is eating a large leek and drinking a glass of nettle liquid several times a day.
10. Take bioflavanoids and rutin as a preventative measure.