Stress affects our body in the same way like the food we eat. It can also be defined as a state manifested by a specific syndrome that consist of all the non-specifically induced changes within a biological system. Any condition that harms the body or causes the death of a few or many cells is termed as stress.
Causes of stress
* Hormonal factors
* Chronic disease
* Overload of work
* Feeling of inferiority
Home Remedies for stress
* Yogurt is the best food remedy for stress removal as it is rich in vitamin A, B complex and vitamin D.
* Blackstrap molasses are also effective food remedy. It is a by-product of the sugar refining process and rich in iron and B vitamins.
* Alfalfa and sunflower seeds are very effective in the treatment of stress.
* Sprouts are effective as they are good calcium source.
* The leaves of holy basil known as tulsi are very beneficial in the treatment of stress. Chew 12 leaves of basil twice in a day during morning and evening for preventing stress.
* Using various ayurvedic herbs like brahmi, ashwagandha and St.John Wort are very beneficial in the treatment of stress. These herbs can be taken in form of capsules or can be infused in boiling water to make tea.
* Hot water bath is one of the beneficial water treatments in providing relief from anxiety and stress.
* Brisk walk for at least 45-50 minutes daily is also effective in dealing with stress.
* Yogasanas like pavanmuktasana; sarvangasana, halasana, ardhmatysyendrasana, bhujangasana, dhanurasana, yogamudra, padmasana and trikonasana are beneficial in the treatment of stress.
* Various yogic kriyas like jalaneti, kunjal, pranayamas such as kapalbhati, anuloma-viloma, shitali and shitkari are also effective for stress.
* Meditation is effective in providing relief from stress as it diverts the mind to some good thoughts thus provides stress relief.
* Pantothenic acid is important in preventing stress.
* Coffee, soft drinks, salt, smoking and alcohol should not be taken as they all deplete B vitamins that are considered necessary for reducing stress.
* Regular physical exercise plays very important role against stress as everybody knows that exercise provides relaxation and recreation.
Soothing drinks for stress Relief
Take one spoonful of honey in warm water to get immediate relief from stress.