Wrinkles means the loosening of the skin. With the age the skin loses its elasticity and moisture as a results wrinkles appear on all over the face and another body part.
What causes wrinkles?
Although people may have a genetic predisposition to severe wrinkling, it is known that sun exposure promotes and exacerbates wrinkling of the skin. Smoking may also negatively affect the skin.
* Ageing Process
* Sun Damage (Photoageing)
* Home Remedies for Wrinkles
* Other environmental factors, including cigarette smoke and pollution, particularly ozone, may hasten ageing by producing oxygen-free radicals.
* Massaging the face with coconut oil before going to bed help to prevents wrinkles.
* B complex vitamins are the best for skin so the foods like eggs, beef, chicken and whole wheat should be included in diet in good amounts. Other vitamins like A, C and E act as antioxidant and gives the skin a healthy look and helps in skin care. So these vitamins should be consumed in liberal amounts.
* Excess of smoking and alcohol causes puffiness of the skin so smoking should be reduced and alcohol should be taken in less amount.
* Application of lemon juice several times a day will fade away wrinkles.
* Rubbing the core of pineapple on the face and leaving it for 15-20 minutes will help in the wrinkles treatment.
* Simmer half-cup rosemary leaves in 2 cups of water for about 25-30 minutes. Add half cup of brandy and leave on for 20-25 minutes. Strain the mixture and store it to wipe the skin twice in a day.
* Dont rub the face while washing and use only normal water for washing.
* Mix turmeric powder and sugarcane in form paste and apply it on the skin for preventing wrinkles.
* Eating one tablespoonful of shredded ginger with honey provide the skin with healthy glow.
* Mix two tablespoons vodka, a tablespoon fennel seeds, and 2 teaspoons honey, and leave it for 3-4 days. Strain the mixture and now use it as a toner.
* Massaging the skin with pure castor oil prevents wrinkles.
* Avoid going out in midday as the ultraviolet rays of the sun cause premature wrinkles and also sunburn.
* Cleaning face every night before going to bed and applying skin cream or face cream will prevent wrinkles and other aging marks.
* Juice of green pineapples and apples when applied daily on the face clears the skin from various wrinkles and deep wrinkles.
* Soft massaging of the face in the upward direction with face cream gives the skin firmness and prevents wrinkles. Its best when it is done during night.
Prevention of Wrinkles
Onset of wrinkles and further progression of those already present can be prevented by following these tips:
* Never use a sunlamp or tanning bed or lie in the sun to get a tan.
* Wear a sunscreen on your face and hands every day. Many companies make daily moisturizing creams that also contain sunscreen.
* When exposure to the sun cannot be avoided, wear a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, and tightly-woven clothing. The sun can cause damage even on cloudy and winter days, especially between 10 AM and 3 PM.