Liver is one of the most intelligent organs of the human body that performs many functions simultaneously. It produces bile, which is transferred to the intestine and helps in food digestion. It excretes toxic and waste material from the body, produces cholesterol and makes proteins that help in the repair of old tissues and building of new tissues in body system. There are around four liver disorders.
CIRRHOSIS OF LIVER
Cirrhosis is one of the serious hepatic diseases. In this disease liver contracts in size and becomes hard and leathery. This contraction in size is due to the loss of cells that exceeds cell replacement.
Causes of cirrhosis
* Excessive use of alcohol
* Intake of quinine for longer time
* Chronic viral hepatitis – B and C hepatitis infect and damage the liver
* Bile duct blockage
* Autoimmune hepatitis
* Various inherited disease like cystic fibrosis, alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency can also cause cirrhosis
Home Remedies for cirrhosis
* Wash 4-5 leaves of sacred fig. Mash them with sugar candy and mix it in 250-300 mg of water, drink twice a day after sieving the mixture for liver care.
* Decrease fat intake by 30-40 grams per day as in liver damage, bile secretion and digestion is affected that hinders the fat absorption.
* Take one teaspoonful of glucose in one cup of water thrice a day in the morning, afternoon and night for liver care.
* Take juice of 2 oranges empty stomach for 7-8 days for liver treatment.
* Take 50-70 grams of white radish leaves and stem, add sugar candy in it and drink it in every morning with empty stomach for liver care.
* Daily intake of a pinch of roasted alum with buttermilk twice or thrice daily is very beneficial in liver treatment and liver care.
* Squeeze a lemon in 100 grams of water and add a pinch of salt, drink it thrice in a day for 20-30 days.
* Buttermilk taken with a little salt and powdered roasted cumin seeds is beneficial for the liver care.
* Alcoholic drinks even in small amounts should not be taken.
* Keep a white-coloured glass bottle filled with water in the sun for 8-9 hours and drink it after cooling.
* High carbohydrate intake is advisable to provide the good amount of energy.
* Mix one tablespoon of juice of black seeds of papaya with ten drops of fresh lime juice and drink it twice daily for a month.
* Avoid fried foods, turmeric, red chillies and spicy food as they are harmful for the liver and stomach.
* Mix 300-350ml of carrot juice with 100 ml spinach juice or cucumber juice and have it daily for liver treatment.
* Livup supplement is an effective blend of herbs designed to help and maintain healthy liver functions and helps in liver care.