Bad breath is mainly caused by odor producing bacteria in the mouth. When we dont clean or brush our teeth properly after meals, bacteria gets accumulated on the left over food in the mouth and between the teeth. It releases sulphur compounds that makes the breath smell.
Causes of Bad Breath
* Gum diseases
* Dental decay
* Accumulation of food between teeth
* Throat infections
* Constipation and other stomach disorders like gastritis.
Home Remedies for Bad Breath
* Chewing mint leaves will soon freshen up the breath and act as bad breath remedy.
* Brushing teeth after every meal also prevent bad breath.
* One of the bad breath remedy is gargle with baking soda dissolved in warm water. It can be used for cleaning tongue.
* Drinking a hot cup of unsweetened tea will help in curing bad breath.
* After meals chew some sunflower seeds and drink a glass of water as it act as bad breath remedy.
* Eating yogurt for 6-7 weeks completely remove bad breath.
* Chewing one clove after meals daily also help in dealing with bad breath.
* Squeeze the lemon in a glass of water and gargle frequently for curing bad breath.
* Drinking pineapple juice vanish the foul smell from the mouth.
* Eating apples daily is good for mouth purification as it removes the bacteria causing bad breath.
* For bad breath remedy eat parsley to reduce bad breath.
* Intake of food products that are rich in zinc prevents bad breath as it keeps the check on the anaerobic bacteria in the mouth and act as bad breath remedy.
* Chewing cardamom seeds sweetens the breath.
* Before brushing you can use hydrogen peroxide to rinse the mouth.